Commercial frag tanks

Looking for suggestions for frag tanks with an open frame stand around 36 X 24 X 8-10 that are pretty much available on demand. Prefer pre drilled. Glass or acrylic is OK.

No DIY setups unless they can guarantee 5 business day turn around or less pretty much year round.
Ideas?

Thanks.

What about the Fast Fit system? Sunlight Supply had one at MACNA set up as a frag tank and it looked pretty cool. Sunlight is closing down their aquarium supply side, but I believe there should be other sources for them. It was basically a white powder coated metal stand with optional light hanging bars as well as castors and it holds a standard 48" x 24" x 7" plastic tray. Being that it uses a plastic tray, you could drill it for a bulkhead in seconds.

img_0520-001.jpg
alt="">

A lot of aquaculture farms are useing
Hydroponic trays. Some come with drains and returns already in them.
It's really cheap compared to acrylic or glass frag tanks. Just look online at any large hydroponic stores website.

@Andrew wrote:
Sunlight supply is now out of the aquarium business..... said:
Yes, but they just happened to be the first wholesaler to market them for fragment tanks. Fast Fit is its own company and they are still available from other distributors.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 4g using Tapatalk.

Thanks guys. Not a bad idea at all. I found this competitive product. It looks a bit more sturdy and while not stackable it has a lower shelf for a sump.
Still a bit DIY given each tray would have to be drilled and plumbed. I think I'm going to focus on the 210 and perhaps get one of these around New Years.

$254.42 delivered for all 3 parts, not including the tray and plumbing or sump.
OEHex.jpg
alt="">

C.A.P. 2' x 4' GrandStand $139.04
C.A.P. 2' x 4' Light Stand Kit $57.08
C.A.P. 2' x 4' Reservoir Holder kit $58.30

Seems like it would be easy to daisy chain a number of these and just rubber stamp one right after another if needed.

Yeah I've been looking into them myself a lot lately. They seem like they would work well I'm just curious as to the thickness of the tray itself.

@shse666 wrote:
C.A.P. 2' x 4' GrandStand $139.04 C.A.P. 2' x 4' Light Stand Kit $57.08 C.A.P. 2' x 4' Reservoir Holder kit $58.30 said:
Very nice, but where are you going to put them? [smilie=rofl.gif]

Got two rooms upstairs you have never seen. A garage 1/2 empty, back porch. If I buy the casters for them I can just wheel it around. [smilie=devil.gif]

@shse666 wrote:
Got two rooms upstairs you have never seen. A garage 1/2 empty said:
I need to get my wife together with yours... maybe something will rub off. [smilie=clapping.gif]

The manufacture drop shipped a partial to me. I don't have the light kit yet and can't seem to get an ETA.

This thing is built like a tank if you add the reservoir kit. Solid rolled steel. Slides along the carpet well enough. I'm not going to bother with casters.
LimtX.jpg
alt="">

It does sit a little low. A look down box will be absolutely required.
I will try and find the tray locally here and post back once it is drilled and I have water flowing.
I can get all of that started and cycle a sump without the light kit.

I should be able to fit 3 of these side by side if required.

My wife is looking forward to never seeing egg crate downstairs ever again.

I have to decide pretty soon if I want to spend money for a hydroponic reservoir or just go with a regular style sump at the bottom.

I already have a sump so that cuts on expenses but its the usual small Pro Clear / Esshopps type deal.
If I can find a clear hydro reservoir though, I'm thinking about keeping a mantis in each one and THAT sounds fun.

I have the tray drilled and bulk heads installed along with a locline return. I will glue the drain tomorrow after I've had a chance to play with the durso.

Decided on a 40 gallon breeder tank as the sump. Bigger water volume seems prudent to help keep things stable. Berlin style live rock filtration. I will put a small CUC in the sump as I expect to have LPS that will want to feed in this particular tank.

The rock is cycling now. I added bottled bacteria and will seed the sand and rock from my other tanks in a day or so.
Will post more photos once I have the tray table running as part of the system. Ordered a 48 " X 8 bulb T5 fixture tonight. I will suppliment with LEDs if needed. Can't have MH lights in this room with the heat.

C1bex.jpg
alt="">
Full imgur album is here: http://imgur.com/a/UE0gn#0

Yes I know. Its all ugly as hell but so far I've met my goals of cost containment and everything is commercially available and more or less disposable or can be re purposed for some other use. No one is going to come up and admire a frag tank anyway. :p I have room for 2 more if I want.

Flood table up and running. More than enough linear flow. I might add a small power head at the other side to mix things up a bit.

Almost 8 square feet of space!
RqZmB.jpg
alt="">

$3.00 Lowes container for a "canister" filter using spare stuff I had laying around, mostly from the fresh water tanks.
lM3kn.jpg
alt="">
ik2j9.jpg
alt="">

Lights are ready to hang tomorrow when I get the ladder out of the garage.
vN9D4.jpg
alt="">

Rest of the imgur album is here: http://imgur.com/a/UE0gn#5

Nice! You could have probably saved some money with a 5g bucket and flood light for the Xenia. [smilie=wink.gif]

None. I was joking Matt. [smilie=wink.gif]

I wont dare put anything valuable or near and dear to my heart in this contraption until I'm 100% sure its cycled correctly AND I see some softies doing well in the environment.

Maybe 4 weeks or so before I try some easy SPS like a bit of birds nest and some montis.

I am seriously considering adding another setup soon if this goes well. One for softies/LPS that runs nutrient high and the other for LNS with the more sensitive SPS corals.
Best of both worlds.