Clownfish In Overflowbox

Woke up this morning,and couldent find my second clownfish that i have had for about a year. I look in my overflow box and there he is.... :shock: Are there any tricks to get him out? I dont seem to have enough room to just scoop him out w/ a net.The return line and stockman pipe are in the way? Any tips are welcomed!

TY

@Ferry_007 wrote:
Best thing for you to do is cut power, remove the standpipe and net him out.

Years ago I lost (or thought I'd lost a black clown). Serval MONTHS later when cleaning a prefilter, I spotted a white flash. Low and behold, there he was fit an trim, in great shape. Had been living in there for months. Because my prefilter box was black I never spotted him from above.
I learned a lesson though, I had been using a ORP monitor. With them, you can tell when someting has died. In the case of the mising black clown, I never noticed a drop in ORP. From then on, if I couldn't find a fish and ORP was stable, I looked in the prefilters, sump and even on the floor for the lost fish.

I would just get a big enough tubing for him to fit in and syphon him out. You could even syphon the water down to the sump running the water through a net so he lands in the net and you don't waste any water.

siphon him out...thats sounds like somthing i could try,i have big enough tubing...ill see how that works out.if not,than i guess ill drain the overflow box.

I got my clown jumped in an overflow 2 weeks ago. i ddin't see him for couple of days. I assumed he was death. ONe day i passsed by and i saw him swimming there. Well, i used a small net to scoop him out, but he swam right back to the bottom.So i reached down to the bottom and he swam back up. I took my time and slowly scoop him out with my net.
Gotcha.!!!!! :wink:

Clownfish is safe and sound,a little scared but thats it.After about an hour of the siphone thing..i gave up and just drained the overflow box...A WHOLE LOT EASIER!!!

Thanks for all the help

Fernando