Choosing Corals, do's and dont's?

Have you tired fishneedit.com? they have good lights at a fair price im using the halide and have seen the t5 fixtures they sell its good stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Okay. I don't want to get into corals yet. My two main things I need and want to get are the protein skimmer and light. If I find a good deal on one or another I buy it. But you are correct. I guess I will plan on a skimmer next.

Sent from my iPad in the Great Barrier Reef!

@Mikii wrote:
Okay. I don't want to get into corals yet. My two main things I need and want to get are the protein skimmer and light. If I find a good deal on one or another I buy it. But you are correct. I guess I will plan on a skimmer next. Sent from my iPad in the Great Barrier Reef! said:
You are thinking on the right track and im glad you have made that decision. In the end you will have better corals faster due to the fact that your tank is more mature and the water paremeters will be more stable.

@Mikii wrote:
Okay. I don't want to get into corals yet. My two main things I need and want to get are the protein skimmer and light. If I find a good deal on one or another I buy it. But you are correct. I guess I will plan on a skimmer next. Sent from my iPad in the Great Barrier Reef! said:
I have a trigger system protein skimmer (150 gallon medium load) that had a pump go out. I bought a new skimmer instead of looking for a pump. If you want it, you are more then welcome to it. Maybe someone has a used pump and you can start saving for the lighting you need. At one point you didn't have a sump for a skimmer, is that still the case?

Tj

I still don't.i probably ever will until I move out on my own! I am looking for hob's. how much are you asking? And location? Thanks for offer.

Sent from my iPad on the touch app thingy.

@Mikii wrote:
I still don't.i probably ever will until I move out on my own! I am looking for hob's. how much are you asking? And location? Thanks for offer. Sent from my iPad on the touch app thingy. said:
no, if I offer it would have been free, but it's way to big to be a HOB, sorry!