cement reef ball

Bluewater51

Membership Expired
setting up another tank and I have a miniature (6x6) cement reef ball replica of the large ones used to create artificial reefs. Will this cycle with the dry rock and maybe become live? Cover in coraline? Frag corals to it?View attachment 345

I don't see why not. If it were me, I would probably cure/cook in a separate container than the display tank for a few months first, incase it leaches anything. I have no experience with cement in an aquarium so not sure. Maybe someone will chime in with experience....

Place it in your toilet tank. It will get rid of the chemicals in a couple of months, the water being changed every time you flush, if it will fit. I have done this with cement rock mixed with oyster shell, and limestone sand.

Wow, I like this idea. I would make sure no one has put cleaner tad/ blue tabs  in the tank in the past, don't know if that maters after a bunch of flushes. But i can see it working quite well.Gotta luv the ideas u learn from others.

I know, right. Its  been in the toilet tank since the day he posted this idea. Gonna leave it about another month.

This is cool. Do you have a picture? .... Have you thought of creating a Toilet tank? (jk)