Capping off old closed loop systems.

What is the best way to cap off old closed loop holes drilled in acrylic that I don't want?
I do not have all of the bulkheads on hand so I would have to either glue chunks of acrylic over the holes which is outside of my hands on skill level, or buy bulkeads and cap them off with PVC and hope the never leak.

Ideas?

I'd go with the bulkheads and cap them off. Also, add some sort of seal around them as a safety.

"History is a vast early warning system." Norman Cousins

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

The two options you listed with both work. And if you can glue paper to itself pretty sure you can glue acrylic to cover a hole. Nothing tricky about it.

@reeferwanabe wrote:
I'd go with the bulkheads and cap them off. Also said:
+1, if you ever decide to go closed loop or sell the tank to someone who wants to do that, it's much easier to get off.

Holy crap 200 how many holes? And plugs

~introducing fish and coral into a electronically balanced body of water since 2007~

BTW, Russ over at Aquarium Advantage almost always has both slip and thread bulkheads in most common sizes in stock.

@shse666 wrote:
What is the best way to cap off old closed loop holes drilled in acrylic that I don't want? I do not have all of the bulkheads on hand so I would have to either glue chunks of acrylic over the holes which is outside of my hands on skill level said:
Not sure what they are called, but I used some plugs that are found in the plumbing department of home depot. Basically a rubber grommet between 2 pieces of plastic. As you tighten the bolt it squeezes the rubber and seals the hole. I have had mine in for 2 years with no problems, but to be honest I would like to replace them just in case the metal is corroding.

Mitch