Camera for Apex

??????????

I think you may be mistaken. The camera doesn't plug into the Apex, it plugs into the router that your Apex is also plugged into and is run by it's own software. Feel free to PM me if you have any network questions. I'm pretty good with networks and connectivity.

I know that. The new apex firmware pulls a image from the camera an adds it to the dashboard. I am just not sure if it works good with a certain version of camera.

If you haven't found it yet, the configuration instructions are here: http://www.neptunesystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Dashboard-Instructions.pdf

Neptune just emailed me. They recommend the Foscam F18910w wireless ip camera. Does anyone have one working on their tank?

@niteowl03 wrote:
[I]@pjracer wrote:[/I][quote="Neptune just emailed me. They recommend the Foscam F18910w wireless ip camera. Does anyone have one working on their tank? said:
I had one on my tank and it worked great."]
Had one? Why did you get rid of it?

NP the pan/tilt works well and the controls are easy. Once its setup the URL drops easily into the Apex dashboard for near seemless integration.

There was one on sale April 30th at Woot.com for $99. knowing Woot, it'll be back on again. Astak Mole pan/tilt. If not, it'll be on one of those daily deals site.

I think this is the one neptune was talking about $83

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Foscam+-+Indoor+Wireless+IP+Camera+-+White/6553265.p;jsessionid=86D0FA6A6B709437B1AEAF8B9BABC610.bbolsp-app02-152?id=1218752777869&skuId=6553265&st=Foscam&cp=1&lp=8

I bought it yesterday on eBay. 75$ shipped. It's going to be neat to add to my system. The Amex can only handle 1 stream but I bought 2 because I can still remotely access both. Plans are to have one in the sump and the other on the tank.

@pjracer wrote:
I bought it yesterday on eBay. 75$ shipped. It's going to be neat to add to my system. The Amex can only handle 1 stream but I bought 2 because I can still remotely access both. Plans are to have one in the sump and the other on the tank. said:
Buying two was a good idea, just drop the URL into the Apex dashboard, depending if you are in a sump or a dispaly kinda mood that day, week, etc.

well got the camera and once again I feel like a tard, why is setting anything up so hard for me. Also the camera seems to need rebooted with any changes to get it to talk again. And again uverse box
is nothing but a PIA trying to add a pinhole through the firewall. I have a port assigned to the camera and can access "it" but no idea what the address would be for the streaming video , I can see it in the
camera menu screen or whatever you call it.

the ip camera ap shows nothing at all blank page.

I set mine up. Did you set the port in the firewall. Are you using a DBS server like dyndns. Set you camera to dhcp and let it pull in a open ip then set that ip to static and turn dhcp off. You should use Internet explorer to access the camera. It's jut easier. You can use others. Also you should download the app to your phone.

@pjracer wrote:
I set mine up. Did you set the port in the firewall. Are you using a DBS server like dyndns. Set you camera to dhcp and let it pull in a open ip then set that ip to static and turn dhcp off. You should use Internet explorer to access the camera. It's jut easier. You can use others. Also you should download the app to your phone. said:
The foscam came with a Dns but I have a dyndns
I can use . My uverse router assigned a ip , and
I can access it but only when wired , wireless
Does not and I have no clue as to why. I always
Go nuts trying to set up firewall. Like it asks
What computer to host this app ? Like I have
No clue, I'll pull my hair out for a while I'm sure.

If anyone lives near midcities and knows
Uverse routers and wants $20

@rckrzy1 wrote:
[I]@pjracer wrote:[/I][quote="I set mine up. Did you set the port in the firewall. Are you using a DBS server like dyndns. Set you camera to dhcp and let it pull in a open ip then set that ip to static and turn dhcp off. You should use Internet explorer to access the camera. It's jut easier. You can use others. Also you should download the app to your phone. said:

Uverse routers and wants $20"]

What's the model of your router? I have a Motorola NVG510 I believe. If yours is the same then forget about it. Ive been trying for 3 months with no progress, even multiple calls to tech support.

@niteowl03 wrote:
[I]@rckrzy1 wrote:[/I][quote="[I]@pjracer wrote:[/I][quote="I set mine up. Did you set the port in the firewall. Are you using a DBS server like dyndns. Set you camera to dhcp and let it pull in a open ip then set that ip to static and turn dhcp off. You should use Internet explorer to access the camera. It's jut easier. You can use others. Also you should download the app to your phone. said:

Uverse routers and wants $20"]

What's the model of your router? I have a Motorola NVG510 I believe. If yours is the same then forget about it. Ive been trying for 3 months with no progress, even multiple calls to tech support."]

mines a 2wire and it took a while but I got my apex running fine through it. I just figured out a big issue, the ip assinged to wireless is not ip assigned to wired. duh, well now I can access through wireless , now to start checking
or trying to make a pinhole for firewall.

Ok getting somewhere , I can access via the dns or ip address now . But what is the command line needed in the apex dashboard window ? the local and remote url address ? where it needs to know the img or jpg etc ? I have no clue. I have
the foscam that was listed here as the "one" to get.