Brian Palmers 230 Rimless Tank Thread!

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is. It's a dedicated grow light so one would think it would grow macro. Guess we will see if the ole CFL does any better.

Well, the rimless is no longer rimless. Planet came in and did some eurobracing/crossbracing. Water is about half way down for a couple more days.
Not as bad of a process as I thought it would be.
[attachment=0]eurobrace.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks guys.
Question:
I have two MP40s on one side and one Mp40 on the other side. I am thinking about putting one of the Two MPs on the middle back wall. The tank is 30" front to back with a gap in the rocks in the middle . As pictured in above post. I could position it just below the over flow box so it doesn't directly blast corals. Right now with two MP40s on one side I have one positioned higher than I would like because I don't want to directly blast corals. .. so some of the energy is wasted in surface ripples.
The only problem is it's going to be a pain in the butt getting the wet side centered just right way back there. My arms are not 5 feet long. :)
I've also thought about putting a Koralia back there but the cord would be pretty ugly. Or maybe Just put another MP40 on opposite side for a 2 on each side combo.
The Vortech calculator says I'm a little bit below optimum for SPS tank but it doesn't include the return line which is also on the side with two vortechs. If I put two vortechs on the opposite side I'm running into a problem of the cords not being long enough so that why I have the two on one side for now. But it is possible I could make it work. Another option I'm thinking is putting an MP10 in center back wall. Another thought is just two MP60s but I'm skeered to spend that much money and it end up being too much flow. hehe
http://ecotechmarine.com/calculator/ Tank is 72X30WX24T .5 inch glass.

I wouldn't spend the money on the MP60's. I have one on one end of my 96" tank and a WP40 on the opposite end. I run the WP40 at full power on else mode and the MP60 at 70%max on reef crest. I also have 4 overhead returns. I think 2 MP60's would be overkill on your tank. Just my 2c.
I would take the time to try and get the MP40 on the back wall. It may take a couple of tries to get it to line up, but it shouldn't be too big of a pain. Don't waste the time with the Koralia. If your gonna go that route get a WP40 and go with that.

For the most part things are going well but I'm battling some pests. I had to do a treatment for Planaria and I have red bugs. I've dipped most in bayer and they responded well to the treatment. I am doing an interceptor treatment this week. Most coral are moving a long like nothing happened. The red bugs have a few select that they like.. ya hear they like smooth skin but seems they like mills, stags and some smooth for me. I think the hardest part will be catching my shrimps for the treatment.
I have dipped all corals in coral rx prior to putting them in the tank. I guess there is no substitute for a QT tank. I don't think the coralRx was strong enough or it just doesn't kill red bugs period but I see the Bayer is killing everything( except eggs).
I do have an empty 20 gallon that I am going to get a light for soon to set up a QT tank.

Installed a Build MY LED XB actinic strip in my ATI sunpower.
Photos are here:
http://www.3reef.com/threads/build-my-led-strip-on-ati-sunpower.154071/#post-1553539

Got rid of the red bugs. I think. I've done bayer dips for a couple months and can't find a bug. I bought some interceptor but haven't had to use it.
Colors and growth are starting to come back for the affected.
Added a BMLED XB Actinic strip to my sunpower. Fluorescence with the LED only are out of this world. (if you like that kind of thing)
[attachment=1]cornershotDFWMAS.jpg[/attachment]
I had Dinos back in December and they are back. Making some adjustment so hopefully they will go away.
Looking forward to the tank tour.. come on by! [smilie=smile.gif]
[attachment=0]bmlonlyDFWMAS.jpg[/attachment]

Haven't updated in a while because i've had so many issues. Things seem to be back on track. Almost lost everything in a red planaria treatment. I've done about 10 treatments now seems their gone.
alt="">