Blue Tuxedo Urchin

Anyone seen these available at any of the local LFS? I've been looking to pick on up for a bit now, but haven't had much luck locating one.

Viellen Dank,
PW

Do you mean one of these?

"Mespilia globulus (Linnaeus 1758), the Blue Tuxedo Urchin (Sphere Urchin of science). Eastern Indian Ocean to western Pacific... in shallows amongst algae it grazes on. To three inches in diameter. Needs hard substrates, shady areas. Can be kept solitarily or in small groups. Eats mainly algae, including corallines."

http://wetwebfotos.com/Home?actionRequest=articleView&articleID=335 (about 1/2 way down the page)

I've heard they are hardly ever in the trade, but some LFS will order them for you.

I have had one for three years or so. I bought mine at Aqautic Design in Plano back then. But I know I see them at various stores from time to time.

I think Exotic Aquatics or Aquatic Design has one, I remember seeing it and thinking hmm that one is blue, but I can't remember which store.

I saw one at Fish Gallery last week. The funny thing had all kinds of things stuck onto him. I think it was selling for ~25 dollars if I remember correctly.

Sweet, hopefully whip by there Saturday and pickup. It's not exactly close to Grapevine, but easy to get to with 635 (an no workday traffic).

PW

They will pick up things and carry them around for days...Mine has been caught carrying snails, frags, my baby clam...He will also deposit them where hes sees fit. Lost a few frags because of him. DNA usually has them.

Angela