Biopellt reactor

I ran one in the past on a 225g tank and had great success with a uln system. Patients is key, start slow with the amount of biopellets and have a reactor that can tumble them correctly. On top of that you need a great skimmer. What size tank do you have?

92 gallon tank and I just got a new skimmer that seems to be awesome so far anyway it's a eshopps x-220

What do you plan to keep? Usually with a uln system it's sps dominate but you can run them on a mixed tank as well. And do you have high no3/po4 now or wanting to try biopellets? 

It is mixed tank currently and it has a higher nitrate label it was over 100 my skimmer wasn't working right so got a new one and been doing water changes like crazy I got it down to about 10ppm but still would like it a little lower like 0 and I saw that some say the biopellets help so was thinking about trying it 

I do have a large birds nest that I am going to take out I like the lps better I like the flowing moving corals more I bought this tank the way it is now 

10 is not bad. If your shooting for 0, most people that achieve 0 no3 actually dose to raise to 5 as the corals do better (sps dominate). As a soft/Lps tank 10 is great. 

I guess that's why everything looks so good! I had a leather start to look bad and not open is why I checked before normal time everything else in tank looks great including the sps stuff in there thank you so much for the feed back all I ha e ever herd is nitrate has to stay at 0 and I have had a hard time getting it to that point but I guess if everything is opened and doing well no reason to mess that up 

This is the first reef tank I have ever attempted I have ran a fowlr tank for a few years but wanted something different and always learning as I go 

If you decide to run a biopellet reactor, it is crucial that you direct the output hose of the reactor as close to the input of the skimmer as you can get it.  This way the skimmer immediately pulls out all the "nasty" vs. it going into the tank.

I just started one up about 2 weeks ago, I hear they take about 3-4 weeks to kick in. But that also gives you time to work your way up to the amount you need and not all at once. I am doimg about 1/2 cup a week untill I have 2 cups and also dosing MB7 every week. Should be able to report back in a week or two.