best way to skin a metal stand?

any of you guys that have done metal stands have any input? what did you do, how did you do it and what does it look like?

I would make wood panels and place magnets on the inside so that they can be removed for maint. etc. Or even velcro for that matter.

thought of that but the fact tha i want to replicate my crown molding ledge and base, sure would be difficult to keep 10 ft of wood in place with magnets or velcro. Great idea, just done know if it would work on an application this large.

thanks for the link, but how would that attach and skin a metal stand, not sure i get it, but i like the concept of being able to remove the panels and have them secure tightly with the allen screw

well you can use them to atttach wooden panels to each other, or attach half to the metal stand and the other half to wooden panels.

do u have pics of the stand.and any idea of what u would want it to look like. I dont think it would be very hard to make removeable panels.

how come you dont do it like you have the doors on your 300? They seemed to work good and looked great.
-PJ
Oh hey, did you ever get around to finding that serial cable?

@Glenn wrote:
we use coffin locks for such things when building show sets. said:
Hey Glenn where do you work? I work for a company on the side of fire dept. where we put together show sets for conventions. We call those cam locks. They make it quick and easy to put stuff together.