Background? other than paint

Hello guys, I am looking to put some kind of Black back-ground on my 90 AG Mega flow, I currently have no background and would like to know if you guys know of a better idea then paint . thanks !
Lee

You can use a plastic cardboard like product called Coroplast. You can get it at most acrylic shops like Regal Plastics in Fort Worth. I use it on my 210. You can get it in different colors. I bought it in black and dark blue.

cool.. so how thick is it? and do they sell sheets , or do they cut at the shop? also what is the best way to mount this sucker? thanks for your help.

They will cut it to size. You can mount it with velcro or double sided tape. Velcor makes it easier to take off or change if you need to. It can get wet with no ill affects since it is a plastic product.

I have always went a different route with my backgrounds.

I use the plastic sheet background that you can cheaply purchase at any petstore. I use really dark blue or black.

Lay the tank on it's front and smear Vasoline on the back. Lay the plastic on the tank and use a credit card to remove the air bubbles. Trim with a razor blade.

I have a 55 FW tank that have had this on it for over four years and it will just peel off and the Vasoline will wipe off.

Hope this helps.

Richard,

I think from the picture at the start of the link it will be impossible to lay the tank on it's side. I'm guessing that is also why painting is out of the question. I would go with the plastic board everyone has mentioned. I have tried in the past to install the plastic backgrounds from the petstores on a setup tank and I could never get all of the airbubbles out.

I guess I was not paying attention to the pic. The method I use is much easier on an empty tank, or at least one that is not up against a wall.