Aquashella – Dallas

jenkinscrew

Premium Member
AQUASHELLA AQUARIUM FESTIVAL @ DALLASMARCH 30th & 31st, 2019
AquashellaDallas2018.jpg
/>LOCATION: Grand Place at Fair Park, Dallas TX.General Admission HOURS: 11am-6pm DFWMAS booth #217 … Come see us and get in on the drawing, get something to drink and visit with the BOD and members.[FESTIVAL MAP]Current members can enter to win a new Sump. Signup to become a DFWMAS Club member at the show and get entered to win a new LED light.  (Winners will be drawn at 5 pm on Sunday the 31st at the show.)-You don’t have to be present to win.-Winners will be notified by email or phone. Let us know you are going on [FACEBOOK! ]https://www.facebook.com/events/2269543043322318/?ti=cl 

It was a great event.   I wasn't sure the area would support it based on the turn outs to other events.   Of course with the great turn out, there were some crowd issues.  A lot of angry people on social media complaining of the way the lines were handled.  Saw many posts from people that didn't come based on what was being posted.   I still don't get some people.  There was a group in front of me in line that had driven 8 hours and didn't have tickets.   I don't get that reasoning.  I'm guessing the complaints are also from the fact that it was cold and windy which made standing in line miserable.I will say, I was shocked at how many people there were freshwater only.   Everyone around me in line was freshwater.  Of course I'm thinking they were disappointed when they got inside.  Like the couple behind me, they just had a 20 gal community freshwater tank.  Not much there for them.

Wow, I wouldn't drive that far without tickets.Definately lots of freshwater. I think the combined show was great. Most of the freshwater folks are scared of saltwater. It was nice to educate them and give them some confidence to try it. They wanted to do saltwater, but were affraid, so gave us the opportunity to get more folks into saltwater. :)Will have to keep an eye out for numbers, I'd be interested in knowing!

Well, on facebook they posted that Saturday was 3000+ attendance.  I would say that was a success.  For me personally, I hope if they do it next year they do it somewhere else.   Not a fan of going down to Fair Park.

I wonder how that attendance compares to MACNA?   Last attendance figure I could find for MACNA was 2015 at 3500.

I agree they need a bigger and better venue. I heard people talking that attendance was more than they had seen anywhere else.

On Saturday they stopped letting people in when the attendance hit 2700 as the total for the building was 2900. And 2700 did not include vendors. I believe the majority was there for freshwater as that was the busiest booths. I visited with many freshwater hobbyists and had the salt vs fresh discussion. It was a good event, very well run, and now they will be better prepared for a bigger crowd the next time. 

I wonder if the Chicago event wasn't as big attendance wise?  I never heard of any attendance issues there.

I personally was a little disappointed in the freshwater selection.   I had hoped to pick up a cool pleco but they all the same 3 or 4 different kind to choose from.   Maybe they had them and they all sold while I was waiting in line outside.

Posted by: Opus I wonder if the Chicago event wasn't as big attendance wise?  I never heard of any attendance issues there. said:
I think they said there were 4000 at Chicago weekend show.

They are reporting an attendance of 6,700 at Dallas show.  They are now thinking of moving the Chicago show due to the expected turn out.