Apex Jr arrives today!!!!

Its on the truck out for delivery, if you own one what can you tell me about what to expect for set up and programing.

@ldreefer wrote:
Tagging along. I've been debating on the Jr or just Apex. Could someone point out the differences of each? said:
Good breakdown of the differences here:

http://www.neptunesys.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=62&Itemid=40

Meirvin,
My Apex is also on the truck today. Unfortunately, my street is one of the last stops on the route so we usually don't see the UPS truck until about 5:30.

It's fun getting new stuff in the mail. I have a set of bulbs on the truck today as well.

The unofficial apex users guide is all you need to program it. The only tricky part is setting up your router for port forwarding and setting up a dyndns for your Apex's up address. It's pretty simple if you follow the guide - it goes step by step.

My house is always last when it is something I really want but then again it can be at 10:30 am if it is something I don't care about.

What is this unofficial setup guide you speak of coralreefer?

@mwilk19 wrote:

Man oh man..ok I have the 4 outlets working, waiting on the 8 outlet add on I got off ebay for the rest.

Pretty slick I have two C Breeze fans and one is lightly louder than the other (the new one vs the used one) so I have it set to where the quite one comes on and handles most of the load but if it can't, the second fan comes on and helps..pretty cool to me.

Ok back to trying to figure out static vs dynamic ip addresses

Yes that thing is cool. Your ip will change so it's dynamic. No big deal unless you want to be able to look at it (you wouldn't ever know what the new address is). Set up a free account at dyndns or one of the other ones in the unofficial user guide. Go to whatismyip in Internet explorer and it will give you what your ip is right now. Input that into dyndns and it will keep up with the changes and allow you to name the address with words instead. Mine is coralreefer.ddns.info. Hope that was not too confusing- in tired!!

well not sure what I did, something with my 2 wire router and port forwarding I have it working on two Ip addresses one for when I am home and one for outside network still testing