Apex Crash at 3:00am

curt.smith

Premium Member
Is it common for the apex controller to just crash and default to OFF wow what a mess in my house. It won't let me access the control module and is acting all crazy I red up on it after drying everything and I am to just in plug it for 24 house and a guess re load all of my outlets (Grumble Grumble) it crashed completely and found that I cant excess it VIA NET OR AQUANOTES IT'S ALL DEAD anyone have any ideas help -curt-

i think your best bet if you have not done it yet is to post on RC in the neptune forum.

sound like you had a flood, why would all off cause a flood?

If your EB8 lost communication with the control module then all outlets would convert to your fallback setting. Check the head unit and make sure the led is either blinking yellow or green. Do you know if you had a power loss at all?? If the light is not on then you may have to send the unit in. Unplugging the Eb8 for a minute or so may reset everything so try that first. What software version were you running....you should have been able to backup the data to your computer. Also curious how a flood happened.

Cheers,

If setting for that piece of eqpt fallback is set to off then yes it will turn off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes we had a power out yesterday round 300 pm then at 300am the thing went haywire the sump filled up cause nothing else was running at all I thought I had it measured out so it wouldn't flood. Hummm -curt-

On the earlier software the time would reset if the head unit lost power. So does the head unit have power???? Reset the power to the EB8, the power for the head unit comes from the EB8 so you may have to unplug it a few times to get it to reset. HTH

Cheers,

i will try that i just got off the phone with the guys at Neptunes (it was amazing they picked up) anyway DO NOT try to update the firmware VIA WIRELESS it wont take properly when the power went out the controler tryid to patch its self and crashed due to Wireless it has a built in hacker saftey only on in home LAN with wire is the way to get it right so i have to let it die for a few days and hard wire it and reload then switch it back to wirelrss

Yeah...updating via wireless is a big no no. Never heard of it having to sit a few day's and I have had to reload a few Apex's ..sounds like something to get them to the weekend when they won't be there. [smilie=lol.gif] I usually use a laptop(hard-wired) to reflash the software without issues.

Cheers,

I am still on version 1 from when apex first came out. I have never had a crash. Are you sure it was the firm ware. Might check rc I know there is a problem with grounding I though I read somewhere that people are using electrical tape to stop the brain from shorting out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok all so I talked to them again and yes there is some kind of memory battery in there how ever they were happy to give me a RMA # and fix it for me, I will have it back by Friday and reloaded my settings by Monday thanks for all of the help and advise hey Ron still might need that programing help when it returns if you are around and up for it thanks for everything guys -curt-