Anthias

dport02

Premium Member
I have a 120 and I want to add some anthias. I was thinking of adding 5-7. Ideas of type and numbers would be appreciated.

I would buy 4-5 female lyretail anthias. They adopt very well to aquarium life, and eventually one will turn into a male. Seems like one always gets killed off in the hierarchy process. if you started with 5 my guess is you will end up with 2-3 females and 1 male.

@slgcmg wrote:
Do some research on their feeding requirements. They are pretty high maintenance said:
I second this, I wanted to get a single small anthias for my 75, but decided not to because of their high maintenance, also more feedings means more nutrients which could lead to other issues, that being said plenty of people keep them with no issues at all, you just have to keep on top of your maintenance.

I haven't had any issues, other than the dominance hierarchy.....I had five, down to two over the years .... The two I still have are doing great..... They eat when I feed everyone else. Also, I think you are suppose to get an 'odd' number of them