Acan placment for fastest growth

I currently have five colonies of aussie acans in multiple colors and i am trying to get the most aggresive growth I can from these beuites. My question is with the lordie type are you getting faster growth under direct or indirect halide with moderate flow? I have an Acan Ecinata orange crush that is growing like a weed under bright indirect lighting under a few acros and I want my lords to do the same. Do the lords like a little subdued lighting or more than the Ecinata. Any tips from other people that have been successful with grow out on Acans lords please chime in.

Charlie

@Orca 33 wrote:
I currently have five colonies of aussie acans in multiple colors and i am trying to get the most aggresive growth I can from these beuites. My question is with the lordie type are you getting faster growth under direct or indirect halide with moderate flow? I have an Acan Ecinata orange crush that is growing like a weed under bright indirect lighting under a few acros and I want my lords to do the same. Do the lords like a little subdued lighting or more than the Ecinata. Any tips from other people that have been successful with grow out on Acans lords please chime in. Charlie said:
FEED THEM. I don't think anything will give them the growth like feeding 2-3 times a week. I find any where in the middle or higher causes my acans to have smaller heads and on the bottom get quite larger , have not really seen any more growth from higher light levels, only feeding.

ya I am a big follower of freequent feedings.one of the reason the orange crush is growing so well. the other acans just are not opening up enough to look like they would want to eat anything yet, so far i have colonies spread all over my tank in difrent light and flow to see witch colony responds the best for polyp estension. I am hoping to find the sweet spot and place all the colonies there once its located in my tank.

Charlie

you can feed your corals the same things you feed your fish...brine and mysis...i do it at the same time in fact as i find that by the time the fish finish eating the corals have had time to take in the food as well