AC Jr and DC8 ?

Lance

Membership Expired
Ok so I have an Aquacontroller Jr with a DC 8 running lights, fans and the ATO. It has been working fine and all is well till the other day.

I have it setup as follows:

VHO on #1 on the block
MH#1 on #2 on the block
MH#2 on #3 on the block
LED on #4 on the block
Top fan on #5 on the block
Moon Lights #6 on the block
ATO on #7 on the block
Side fan on #8 on the block

I have it setup so the moon lights are on 1 1/2 hours in the morning before all the other lights and off during the day and back on for 1 1/2hrs at night after all the other lights go off.

I have the LEDs come on 30 mins before VHO and then VHO on 1 1/2 hours before MH 1 & 2. Fans come on when the MH's come on. Now the MH#1 comes on with the top fan. The MH#2 does not turn on nor the side fan.

I can go to the controller and tell it to turn on under the manual setting and then set it back to auto. It also will not turn off the same as I have to go in and turn it off. They have been working fine like I said till one day last week.

Any ideas?? Reprogram everything?

I have been having a problem with my apex jr. It switched time everyday. It's really annoying. It's always 2 hours off.

LT1$-A1
LT2$-A2
LT2$-A3
NLT$-A4
FAN&-A5
LED$-A6
AT0&-A7
FAN&-A8

If Time > 08:30 Then LT1 ON
If Time > 21:30 Then LT1 OFF
If Time > 10:30 Then LT2 ON
If Time > 19:30 Then LT2 OFF
If Time > 21:30 Then NLT ON
If Time > 23:30 Then NLT OFF
If Time > 10:30 Then FAN ON
If Time > 19: 0 Then FAN OFF
If Time > 06:30 Then NLT ON
If Time > 08:30 Then NLT OFF
If Time > 00:00 Then AT0 ON
If Time > 06:45 Then LED ON
If Time > 23:15 Then LED OFF

pretty sure you cant do duplicate names, rename your 2nd led and 2nd fan and add time statements for them. The acjr works on rs232 serial. The outlet names are sent back and forth seperatly unlike time statements and probe data wich is queried constanly. If the titles are the same it will confuse the serial chain.

@Hook'em2006 wrote:
I have been having a problem with my apex jr. It switched time everyday. It's really annoying. It's always 2 hours off. said:
Make sure your time zone is set right. Under Configuration / Clock Setup:

Auto Clock Set: Enabled
Daylight Saving Time: Enabled
Time Zone: -6

If your time zone is wrong, it'll "correct" the time every day. I'm betting maybe your time zone is set to -5 and the DST is disabled. Something like that anyway.

@Grant wrote:
[I]@Hook'em2006 wrote:[/I][quote="I have been having a problem with my apex jr. It switched time everyday. It's really annoying. It's always 2 hours off. said:
Make sure your time zone is set right. Under Configuration / Clock Setup:

Auto Clock Set: Enabled
Daylight Saving Time: Enabled
Time Zone: -6

If your time zone is wrong, it'll "correct" the time every day. I'm betting maybe your time zone is set to -5 and the DST is disabled. Something like that anyway."]

You sir, were almost correct! It was set at -8... Don't know why I didn't think to look at that

@Andrew wrote:
pretty sure you cant do duplicate names said:
Well I changed them last night and all seemed to work fine this morning. Just wonder why it worked for a while then decided not to. Oh well it is back to normal and that is all that really matters.

Its all in the serial chain... Will work fine, but as soon as there is a hiccup and it requests title i can get skewed. Thats prolly what happened.