800 Gallon Reef Up for Grabs

THeegel

Membership Expired
Tammy’s 800 Gallon Reef  Sadly, I am exiting the hobby as I am moving and no longer have time to care for this beautiful mixed reef.  Selling a tank of this magnitude and all the livestock is no easy task so I am open to offers, ideas and or various arrangements.   I don’t want to sound rude or ungrateful but I really do not have the time to sit around selling the onesie twosie pieces as I have two businesses and two renovations underway that are very demanding of my time.  Waiting around on no shows or those that just want to spend time admiring a huge home aquarium for a $10 - $20 coral piece is just not something I can do.   Obviously the coral needs to go first then the fish and rock before the tank and equipment can be sold. Recognizing I have extra large colonies that will not fit in most hobbyist tanks,  I would like to find a LFS or a coral farm or two that would be interested in buying all the coral or maybe the really large colonies perhaps for service customers wanting really big pieces or maybe a consignment type arrangement where the right individual sells my coral and keeps a percentage.    None the less, I would like to try and sell the entire system however I am fairly certain a buyer for an entire system of this size is going to be slim to none so if there is interest in the coral, I am ready to work something out to begin off loading it asap.  In the event there is someone out there looking for a really large system that has everything…….I will sell the entire set up with all coral and fish for $50,000 or best offer.    This includes the Aquarium as it is today as well as everything in it and at my home that is fish or aquarium related in the garage and the aquarium room. That’s all Livestock, Coral, Fish, Tank, Stand, Lights, Light rack with Hoist system, Pumps, MP60’s, Gyres, Reactors, Skimmers, Chillers, Heaters, Dosers, Apex Controller, UV sterilizer, Aptasia Laser, Water Storage Tanks, Kalkwasser tank, RODI Unit,  Auto Water Change set up, FX4 filter, Hanna Testing equipment, quarantine tanks, peace keepers, battery back ups, back up ballasts, larvae snaggers, garage shelving full of new and used pumps, multiple chillers, PVC, PVC Cutters, Band Saw, Coral Fragging tools, tool boxes of spare parts, reef supplements, new GFO, and the list goes on and seemingly endless….. new in the box Apex Jr,  new in the box Barracuda pump, new in the box EcoTech L1 and countless other items of significant value.   The fish are huge and healthy with several high dollar fish such as Gem Tang, Black Tang, Purple Tangs, Red Sea Regal Angel, XXL Red Carpet Anemone, Rose and Sherman Anemones etc etc…..  Far far too much to list.Aquarium is 10ft x 4ft x 31” tall with a PVC bottom on a steel stand with a 200 Gallon Melvs Reef Sump with drain pan.   Commercial size equipment included MRC Skimmer, MRC Dual Chamber Calcium Reactor and a Pax Bellum Cheto Reactor.  Message for more info and I will update as I can as things change or if arrangements are made.View attachment 8048 

Can you post more pictures? I have some ideas that may help you, but you may be at a loss with some of the money. 

Tammy, I'm sorry to hear you're going to have to give up your awesome tank. Thanks again for letting us see it on the tank tour. I'd buy it in a flash if I could but I'm afraid I'm one of those onesie-twosie people.  My only suggestions are to see if you could post a link to one of Marc's videos (or yours, if you have any) to let people see what you've got. And maybe contacting Dallas World Aquarium to see if they would be interested in acquiring the whole set-up. It's way better than any reef tank I've seen in the big public aquariums including DWA and the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta.I don't suppose you could move it to one of your businesses and write it off as a business expense? Good luck.