2littlefishes acropower discussion

McReefer

Membership Expired
Picked up a bottle about a month ago and have been dosing this in place of "fuel". I do see a slight improvement in my chalice coloration but nothing in my montis yet. I always think its funny though that all amino acid additives I've tried before have a yellow or green tint and this is clear. Anyone else using this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you take any pictures? It would be interesting if a coral in your tank was always X color and now you are adding 2lf acropower and now that same coral is showing Y color.
I've been contemplating using red sea colors supplements because I have corals that are different colors from when I bought them. I use Fuel, but if I can get the same results for a cheaper price.....

Still don't have a camera. Just the phone. The major improvement I've seen is the color of my chalice eyes. My Miami hurricane has some brilliant range of green red yellow and orange in the eyes. My solid red chalice has some new growth that's green. Waiting to see what happens next.

is going to be hard to compare since i use to run fuel for the entire to ive had this tank. but ive have pictures to see if the acropower can provide the same nutrients as fuel and maintain the corals. I also dose coral colors which i really like over dosing replenish.

To much nutrients in your system can actually brown out your SPS so keep an eye on it. I plan on going through cycles. 2 weeks on and 1-2 weeks off. But that's just the plan. It will adjust as I see fit.

@McReefer wrote:
To much nutrients in your system can actually brown out your SPS so keep an eye on it. I plan on going through cycles. 2 weeks on and 1-2 weeks off. But that's just the plan. It will adjust as I see fit. Sent from my iPhone using [url=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/url] said:
I am just asking...not preaching...
Too much nutrients in your system can brown SPS, Do you test for Iodine, Potassium, Iron...(Because I am sure that is what makes up most of this product) or is it trial and error with dosing? Were you experiencing browning with Fuel? Could it be Fuel was too much for your system?

All of the above is possible. I was using fuel as advised on the bottle. I changed to acropower. And now I'm holding off on both for a week. Possibly 2.
My monti's started to loose vibrance along with my acro. Nothing else seems to be effected in a bad way.