1/2 hole drill bit question

Hi All,

I got a biocube 29 tank and want to drill a 1/2 hole. Does anybody local have a drill bit for this that i can borrow? please let me know. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Ken
214-505-4626

And you want it to be a 1/2" hole, or to insert a 1/2" bulkhead? If it is a 1/2" hole, you can use a 1/2" paddle bit.

Be sure to own the bulkhead before you start drilling.

Marc

Someone can be double check me but i believe the size you want is 1 3/16 on the normal bulkhead but ditto on marks post. I just use a regular holesaw.

I got the holesaw as well but afraid to broke it. I got two 1/2" bulkheads already just need the bit. Looking like nobody locally have it. Anyway, I hope someone response with the bit later.

I don't understand your latest post. You said you have the holesaw? I don't think the club's bits go down to that size, available to paid members of DFWMAS.

@kttran_2005 wrote:
Arcylic but I think I can use glass bit as well said:
Are you sure about that? I believe the Biocube is all glass and you'll need a glass bit. Are you wanting to drill the back wall, or the bottom? If it's the bottom, make sure it's not tempered. I've found people saying that it is, and some saying that it isn't. You'll have to drill through the plastic on the bottom as well.

The back glass is definitely not tempered, and I've seen several instaces of people installing a bulkhead there.

Hi Grant,

You are right. The back wall is glass. I got a drill bit from a LFS friend. It took me a while to drill two holes. Anyway, thanks everybody for all the responeses.

Thanks,
Ken

needpics.gif
alt="">