Search results

1. P

180+ Gallon Lagoon Tank, Sump, Light

48”x48”x18”Half inch glass with a double paned bottom.Center overflowA few scratchesResealed 2 years agoIncludes custom polycarbonate netted lid with feed doors and cord cut outsLight stand includedSteel 2 piece stand includedStand covered in truck bed linerBash Sea Sump 48”x15”x15 signature...
  2. P

Sand Sifter Star, Montis, and More

I am getting ready to move and I am breaking down my DT to get it ready to sell.  I have several pieces of each Monti in different sizes.  I also have more that will be listed once I take a full inventory of what has been moved to the frag tank.  I can text you pics.  PM me here please.Sand...
  3. P

Dinoflagellate Indetification Help

Is there any one here with a microscope that can ID Dinos?   I’m 95% sure I’m battling a Dino outbreak but I want to be 100% positive.  Any help would be greatly appreciate!I had beaten them back, and been relatively clear for a few months, but I had to snake out my plumbing, and moved around a...
  4. P

Methylene blue -Emergency

Needing Methylene Blue ASAP! I’m in Arlington. Any suggestions where I can find some?
  5. P

32 Gallon Brute Trashcan

32 Gallo Brute trashcan with lid.  Good condition, needs a quick spraying down. $10 located in Arlington.  Would also accept trade for a soft coral frag. 
  6. P

Hamilton Cebu MH 250 x2 with 2 T5

[[Hamilton Cebu MH 250w x 2 with two 48"     $150]][[]][[I have used these lights for the last 6 months and they grow coral with no problems. I upgraded to get better spread on my odd shaped tank.]]Extra MH bulbs included. They were given to me with the light and I have not tested them. The...
  7. P

FS/FT - CoralVue Reef Octopus 150 Internal without Pump $20

I need to get this off my patio.  The pump for this skimmer failed and I replaced the whole skimmer.  This is up for sale ($20) or trade for a frag of something I don't have.  If I can find it, I will throw in the impeller for the pump for free (impeller is still good).  Could use a little...
  8. P

Looking for frags - Pink, Yellow, and Birds of Paradise Birdsnest

I have just worked through heavy metal poisoning (aluminum) in my tank that wiped my SPS and some of my LPS, and I am slowly reintroducing frags to make sure the metals have been removed.I am looking for frags of Pink, Yellow, and Birds of Paradise Birdsnest priced reasonably.  If you have any...
  9. P

Need ID on Bump on Fish - Lymphocystis?

I have had this Tang for a month and a half now.  The fish went through an 30 day QT and has since moved to my DT.  About a week into QT a single bump appeared above the fish's gill cover.  This bump continued to grow, and I thought I had ID'd it as lymphocystis.  Another two weeks went by and...
  10. P

Vertex Zeovit RX-Z 1.5L Reactor, Coralife T5 36" 4 Bulb T5 HO with Moon Lights, Hanna Calcium Checker, Vibrant Reef

Vertex Zeovit RX-Z 1.5L Reactor with pump $80.  The reactor is scratched up from agitating the Zeolite (this is normal and going to happen to any acrylic zeolite reactor).  Original box is included.   For $100 you can get the reactor, 2x 1L bags of Zeovit media, and all the "Zeo blue bottle...
  11. P

Random ? in Post Text

I don't know if this is related to the migration that was run or not, but many posts (non-migrated) now have question marks riddled inside the text.  It almost looks like they are after special characters and line breaks.   You can see examples on the first few posts of my build thread...
  12. P

WTB Non Cheato Macro Algaes

I am about to cut the lights on to my display refugium, and I am looking to get it stocked up with some different types of algae.   I am looking for all different types of Macro (excluding Cheato, I already have some from two different sources).  Clippings, twigs, runts, small frags are all...
  13. P

Leak Testing Length and Method

This isn't an "emergency" and I hate posting this here, but I couldn't find a better place to post it. ?Perhaps we need a Questions or Newbie forum area.Anywho I have a oldish(?) large tank I am about to start filling with rocks, sand, and water and the more I stare at the more nervous I get. ?I...
  14. P

Member Pages/Locations, PMs, Profile/Message Box Buttons

You cannot view member profiles. ? If you click on a member name you are getting this error: ?[You have not permission to this page ? ?I can't even view my own profile.]Also can we get locations added below the member names on posts? ?Trading in the forums is really difficult without knowing at...
  15. P

Edit Post Timer

Could we either get a bit longer to edit our posts, or could you turn off the timer all together?I make lots of silly mistakes when typing and only having 5 mins or so to catch them is a royal pain.
  16. P

Pole's Mini Monster 210+ Build

So I figured I would get this moved over and try and get the build log up to date. ?So here we go...So this is also posted on another forum, but I firmly believe it has more of a place here with the local club...I have been putting this off for far too long, and if I wait any longer it will be a...
  17. P

Aptasia on New Frag

I need some advice. I perticipated in a live sale and got three zoa frags from the seller. When they got to me, 2 out of the three frags have aptasia on them. Being very new to the hobby I don't have fragging gear. I don't even have any new plugs laying around. What should I do with these...
  18. P

Large Surface Area and Humidity

I am finishing the planning stages of a large tank build, and it hit me that humidity might be a concern. I have a 4'x4'x18" tank (175 gallons+large sump (50ish gallons)+large remote refuge). All told I am probably going to be looking at 250 gallons of water and a large amount of surface area...
  19. P

Rocks... Where to get them in the area

So I have another question. As a primer, I am setting up a 4'x4'x18" 175 gallons DT with a total water volume of around 250 gallons (without sand and rock calculated in). My plan has been to start with dry rock and seed the tank with a small piece of live rock (if I can get some from a source...
  20. P

Salt Suggestions

I am starting up a new/large tank 200+ gallons, and I could use some suggestions for good salts to use. I would like to find something available locally at a price that won't completely break the budget. A few things to know: The tank will be mixed corals. The tank will have fish. I will be...