Search results

1. N

WTT frags for quality tank photo shoot

Got a DSLR and know how to use it? I'd like to have someone come out and shoot my show tank in the near future. I've got a variety of frags - primarily SPS and zoanthids - that I would be willing to trade for your time. If you're interested and have some skill with the camera please let me know.
  2. N

Have a nice SPS Tank? Let's see it! (Meeting Topic)

~60g 36L x 24W x 18H ~30g sump+fuge capacity/20g fill IC 250W + L3 Mini w/ CVR 10kK DAS EX-1 recirc NW Eheim 1260 return Vortec MP-40 two part by hand ~40# LR ~100# LS SPS + LPS + zoanthids alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> Before I give a presentation on my tank I must have better...
  3. N

New tank pics up

Teaser FTS alt=""> Follow the link: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=864080&perpage=25&pagenumber=9
  4. N

converting to SE halide from double ended

The Reeflux lamps are great. Go for the 12K, it should be blue enough for you. I'm using the 10K and find it a nice balance of growth and color, although sometimes I do want a little more blue.
  5. N

New pics of my rimless 60g 36x24x18H!

Well, on RC anyway :) Link goes to page 1, new pics on page 6! :) http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=864080
  6. N

VorTech group buy

Check it out! http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?p=240687#240687
  7. N

** ANY SPARE 250W SE BULBS IN CENTRAL DALLAS? **

Naturally, the night before I have to go out of town two days for work I come home to my MH not working. Unfortunately, I have neither spare bulb or spare ballast to test it out on. DOES ANYONE IN THE CENTRAL DALLAS AREA HAVE A SPARE 250W MH LAMP THAT I CAN BORROW FOR A FEW DAYS? I'm good for...
  8. N

DAS EX-1 Recirc Needlewheel (56K go skimmerless)

Inspired by Bill's thread on his Otopus (viewtopic.php?t=22061) , I thought I would post some pics of the new skimmer I just got, a DAS EX-1. My tank isn't up and running yet (best laid plans of mice and men) but I'll keep updating it as it goes. If anyone else has a DAS skimmer and want's to...
  9. N

Plumbing backpressure question

Lo and behold, the outlet on my Eheim 1262 is 1" and I have a 3/4" Sea Swirl. I'm using spa flex, so the plan is to run 1" flex to the highest point that's not visible then have a reducer bushing that necks down to 3/4" to match the barb on the SS. Problem: The Eheim is not pressure rated. Is...
  10. N

Black spaflex

Anyone know where I can find black spaflex in the Metroplex, preferably close to Dallas?
  11. N

H&S vs. ER vs. DAS vs. PCI

For my birthday, my fiancee decided I needed a good skimmer and donated a generouse $225 to the cause :) Now I'm forced to make a difficult decision as to which skimmer I actually want. This is where you come in! Help out by relaying your experiences with any of the models listed below. I'm...
  12. N

Tank thread on RC

I know we try not to cross post, but I'm trying to keep all this stuff concise in one thread. http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=7542754#post7542754
  13. N

I need a stand for my 156 gallon....

Scott Comstock is building mine. Email me and I"ll shoot you his hotmail address.
  14. N

Sea Swirl - near central Dallas?

Anyone near central Dallas have a sea swirl in operation on their tank (preferably a 1" model)? I'm going back and forth between the Sea Swirl and the Wavy Sea and would love to see one (or both) in action. My concerns about the SS is that it's too big and bulky. My concern about the WS is that...
  15. N

Sunlight Supply's answer to the Lumenarc - the LumenMax!

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=810830&perpage=&pagenumber=1 To paraphrase: Equal or better coverage/intensity MSRP $150 DE or SE Smaller than the L3 Mini Comes in the typical SLS black anodized housing w/ SLS plugs I'm definitely getting some when they come out...
  16. N

36x24x17 Custom tank input

So I'm going to order my tank from Tom at Glass Cages this week (yeah, I know, I know, but the price can't be beat and it's not my dream system) but I need to finalize my bulkhead locations and sizing. Scott Comstock is going to build me a clean, modern stand (and I'm stoked! Thanks Scott!) and...
  17. N

*** PIC OF 25OW *DE* REEFLUX 10K ***

An e-friend sent me this pic of his tank today. After raving about the SE Reeflux bulbs, he was considering switching out his 14K Phoenix for the 10K DE Reeflux. Well, about 3 weeks back he did so and has been immensely happy. Now granted, he hasn't seen a SE 10K, but from his description the...
  18. N

20L BB SPS system

Cross posted on nano-reef.com.... Specs: 20L (30L x 12W x 12H) HDPE sheet 22# LR 2 Visitherm 50W heaters AquaC Remora Skimmer w/ MJ 1200 Seio 620 MJ 1200 PGS Lumenarc 3 Mini ARO 250W e-ballast CoralVue Reeflux 10,000K bulb <b>Then:b] My first tank was an SPS-dominant Minibow7. I fondly...
  19. N

Return pump choice - help me decide!

So I think my tank plans have shifted again, down to a 65W - 36L x 24 W x 18H. I'm currently trying to adjust my plans, and part of that involves choosing a return pump. The system will be SPS-heavy. I plan on running two 6100 streams in the tank, which might be stepped down to 6000s if the...
  20. N

Anyone have CoralVue Reeflux 10kK lamps?

Been reading about these bulbs on RC and would like to see them in person. Anyone running them? How do they compare to what you were running before?