Search results

1. C

76240 ISO hang on protein skimmer or pump for one

I had a HOB octopus skimmer on my 30 gallon, it just died, but the housing is great. I haven’t had the time to fully take it apart yet but it made a noise like it was the motor and doesn’t try to come on now. I wanna say it’s a 2000. If you have something like it or the pump for it let me know...
  2. C

Kessil a160we with gooseneck $150

I downsized so I am getting rid of this light. It works for a 2 foot area and at least 2 foot deep. I still have the other just like it on my 30 gallon, it can handle sps and the color blends almost like my halides did. I have had thus running about 8 hours a day for a year on a basic timer...
  3. C

Blue tang

i have to catch this guy. He’s about 3 1/2 in long blue tang. Great eater, never had any ich or anything, I have to break down my big tank and it’s not fair to him to go smaller. He’s in a 65 gallon right now so used to a lot of room. I am in Lewisville for the next few days. I can meet there or...
  4. C

Blue tang

i have to catch this guy. He’s about 3 1/2 in long blue tang. Great eater, never had any ich or anything, I have to break down my big tank and it’s not fair to him to go smaller. He’s in a 65 gallon right now so used to a lot of room. I am in Lewisville for the next few days. I can meet there or...
  5. C

Disease/ ulcer identification on potters angel

My blue tang and my potters angel had a tiny quarrel but I'm not sure if this is a disease or a ulcer-laceration from the tang. He has a few little spots by his tail that do not look the same on the same side. He is eating and very active, it may all be from the tang attacking I just want to...
  6. C

Led help

I am looking to buy LEDs for a tank with 48 inch dimensions, mostly sps but I do want to keep more hardcore corals and I do not want colors that sustain algae well. I really like a deep blue, I have halides and I run 14 or 20k all the time, I think my latest are 20k. My debate is do I go the...
  7. C

Are pistol shrimp seriously that bad??

I have a tiger pistol in my tank about 3-4 in long by 2 in wide. I am wondering if it is te to remove him, he is not paired with a goby. I never see him come out anymore but I hear loud snaps all night, I have heard that is him threatening the fish and I know he has killed 1 fish so any opinions...
  8. C

Nuissance Sponge?? and what does it do?

I have a white tubular sponge growing up one of my rocks and into my corals. I want to know is there such thing as a nuisance sponge, what does it do as far as usefulness in my tank, if I trim it back will it release toxins or anything? It looks kinda neat and weird but I dunno it looks like a...
  9. C

Weird water parameters in reef

I am okay with most of my parameters, they do not match charts and I don't want to lose anything so any thoughts either way are appreciated. Here goes, ammonia and nitrite 0, nitrate is constantly 80 ppm or more I just added a new skimmer for this, calcium is 560, ph 7.8-8 varying with the time...