Search results

1. R

Help with AquaMedic MH fixture socket replacement

I bought this fixture ( http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?idProduct=AQ1851 ) from Marinedepot.com in 2005. One of my sockets was burned out. I need to replace the socket, but I encountered the problem that I can't simply remove the burned one out of its place. Does anyone know any...
  2. R

What do i need to keep the nemo?

HI, all, My boss loves nemo. Right now, she has a beta fish in her office. I am trying to hook her up with saltwater fish. What kind of equiments do i need to set this up? The tank will be 5-10gallons. Does any one have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.
  3. R

coraline???

Hi, all. I have some light purple coraline??? (i guess) on my tank glass. Is it good or bad? Where does it come from? what do i need to do to control it if it is bad.? thanks.
  4. R

Help!!! MY brain coral is not doing good

Hi folks, I need your expertise and advice. My brain coral is not doing well. it is about to die, kinda bleaching. It slowly starts showing a white skeleton .I just tested the water. Here are the results: Salinity: 1.025 pH: 8.25 ( i use Pin Point Monitor) Mg: 1290 (Range: 1300-1500)...
  5. R

MH pendant with Acinic lights.

Hi, all. I want to upgrade my lighting from 175w to 250w MH. Does anyone know where i can get a good MH pendant with Acinic.? i have a 175g Oceanic with Oceanic plastic canopy. RIght now, my 175 w MH pendants are on top of the canopy. thanks.
  6. R

My anemones splitting

My anemone is splitting. I used to have 2 before, now i am having 7 of them. I feed them with shrimp sometimes. I dont know what kind of anemones.. Questions: Is it good or bad? is there something wrong with my water? What should i do? and why are they splitting.? they also move around...
  7. R

Need help with water testing

i want to check my water quality, but i am not sure what i am going test for besides calcium and Alk. Please, give me some suggestions what i need to check for the water and what test kit is more accurate out there? The more opinions, ideas, or suggestions , the better for me to learn. Thanks...
  8. R

175w MH questions

Hi, everyone. I am about to order 175w MH bulbs for the tank. I would like your opinions and suggestions. 1. Which MH brand is best for corals?( i have only soft corals) 2. What is the difference b/t 10k, 20k, 30k etc.. what is its function? 3. which online stores have the reasonable prices for...
  9. R

Feeding shrimps

I have couple shrimps, i need to feed them, what kind of food should i feed them? and how do i feed them? They can't compete with the fish. I dont want the shrimp to starve to death. Thanks for your suggestions and ideas.
  10. R

Light bulb for the sump

hi, all Which light bulb do you use for your sump? I got some cheato from a member, but i dont know which light bulb i should use? the more watts the better?? please advice. thanks
  11. R

Supplement questions.

I need your expertise on these supplements. I have these supplements from the previous owner of the tank. 1. Should i pour these things in the tank? 2. Is it safe? 3. What it does for my corals and fish. 4. How often should i dose ? * I only have soft corals. 5.Should i dose all at the same...
  12. R

RO water

What is the range for TDS in RO water? I measured my water with TDS device, it read 99ppm. Is that an acceptable range?? Thanks
  13. R

Leslies' Calcium Increaser.

Has any one used Leslies's Calcium Increaser for the reef tank? Is it safe for fish and corals? Any Pros and Cons? Is it better than Kent Kalwasser ??? etc.......... Thanks a bunch. FYI: Leslie's Calcium increaser is a product for swimming pool.
  14. R

175 w Metal Halide lights

Hello everyone, My tank has only soft corals, i have three 175w MH light pendants on top of the canopy. Do you think 175w MH is enough for my corals? Should i upgrade to higher watts such as 250 w or 400 w? where do i buy 250 or 400 w MH pendants with ballasts? I have 175g RR bowfront Oceanic...
  15. R

cooler weather.

we are going to have a cooler weather in N.Dallas this week. Should we use the heater or without? I am afraid when the MH lights go off at night, the temp will drop and my tank will crash. Any opinions, ideas or suggestions will be greatful. Thanks
  16. R

vendor wants to adverstise

Yesterday, i went to buy water from PRovision Water to go in GArland. The owner named Lawrence wants to advertise his business on the board and possibly be our sponsor for the club. He wanted to know who he should contact. He is a nice guy to deal with. Also, He is donating his water for Katrina...
  17. R

Water Softener

Hi, folks!!! Can i use water softerner for my water change? I am not a water expert, please some one educate me and one more thing, what is the difference b/w Water softener and DI/RO water??? Thanks in advance.
  18. R

Red Algea.

Hi, everyone. My tank has red algea. How do i get rid of this? what cause it? All my fishes will die if i have this algea? Please, help.!!! thanks. Any link if you know. Thanks again.!!!
  19. R

Mandarin doesnt eat - How food should i need to feed him?

[Hi ! all, I have a Manderin( the one looks like on Marc's sump web site) that i bought recently. The problem is he doesnt eat and he does not swim out in the public for me to view. He is hiding iin the rock and looks very sad and sleepy. Other fishes eat like a pig and swim around, but this...
  20. R

Regal tang picking on brain corals

[Is regal tang safe for corals? My friend's regal tang is picking on his brain corals. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks a bunch. :(]