Search results

1. T

Woodworkers...

I don't have the skills and need a wood canopy made for my 24g nanocube...I could make it square, but the bow is what I wouldn't know how to do...so if there are any takers let me know..
  2. T

little beauty..

I actually added a fish to my tank after many moons.....I have had so many problems trying to decide what to get. I look at the smaller fish(due to 40 gallons.) And all I think is " tangs sure are pretty I wish I could have one"...then I think to myself" anthias sure are gorgeous, to bad my tank...
  3. T

My 40 Breeder with Vodka

For some time now, i have been interested in trying Zeovit, but the task seemed to costly and tedious to me. Then I heard of the Vodka system and did a little research. It is similiar to the Zeovit system in the way it acts by using bacteria. So i figured lets give it a shot. Yesterday my tank...
  4. T

40br sps stocking?

This is th elist of fish I want to toss in my sps tank...it's a 40 br and none of the fish get over 3" some not even 2" but this is the list, I was hopeing to get some help narrowing it down to the verge of over stocked...I really love the fishies... tailspot blenny neon goby blue and yellow...
  5. T

Floatswitch box...

Since I no longer have a tank with a sump, I need to make a box that hangs on the side to hold my switch. I basically will just make a fully enclosed box and drill a bunch of holes in it. What i need to know is should I just use weld on to put it together, or can I just use some household goop...
  6. T

Reefcentric fish...

I am trying to get a good understanding of what the different reefcentric fish are, as in a clown goby, who may stay in one spot his whole life unlike a Naso who is a free swimmer....
  7. T

My 40 Breeder is up and running!

Well the 40 is up and running! So far it is the ole 40 breeder with 1 Seio 820 and 3 MJ1200's on a Tsunami Wavemaker. I have an Ecosystem 40 HOB fuge. I went bare bottom with a white poly bottom. Right now there is 1 175w bell pendant over it, but today i ordered my 6 bulb tek fixture. Stilll...
  8. T

Bare bottom or not...about 20 minutes to decide...

I have to start ransfering stuff to my smaller tank....sps dominant...flow provided by powerheads...should I or should I not have a shallow sand bed? need help deciding...for my 40 breeder!
  9. T

Lighting set-up...

It looks like I will be working with 2 150w HQI pendants...and up to 4 VHO bulbs...I am going to have to build something for this all to hang from....How hight should HQI's be from the water....and should the VHO's be at same evel or should they hang lower?
  10. T

Light over 40 breeder....

Would ya'll think 2 150w 10k HQI's with vho sups would be enough light ot have just about anything I want in a 40 breeder?
  11. T

Fragging my yellow fiji leather

My yellow fiji is getting pretty large, I think I am going to slice and dice him, but i'm not exactly sure on how to go about doing it...hints?
  12. T

The cool things we get to see......

I just have to share this, though it is probably a common sight, it is a first for me. I did my nightly feeding of mysis, and I watched my ws maroon grab a couple bites, then he grabbed a big chunk and gently placed it on a tentacle by my anemone's mouth....it was darn near as touching as a...
  13. T

SPS keepers tank specs...

I am very interested in keeping more sps and am interested in what our SPS keepers use as supplements, system setup, hints and so forth...
  14. T

Acropora Lokani?

I saw this coral on one of the various frag sites, it is described as being low light....I cannot find much info on it after 4 pages through google...I was wondering if anyone has more information on this species.
  15. T

What do you feed your Anemones?

Looking for possible grocery store way to feed anemone...looking econimics as usual?
  16. T

Light fixtures...

Has anyone ever built their own hanging light fixture? Is their a place to get fixture bodies...or if you built it out of wood, what do you need to protect the wood from the heat? I think to get the light I want at the cost I need I will slowly end up building my own fixture to my own...
  17. T

Decorating the sandbed...corals

I was wondering what corals you all like keeping down in the sand...i have some open realestate I need to fill here someday?
  18. T

The 5100k Refugium bulbs

I ordered some of those 5100k bulbs marc discovered. I just wanted to point out to those who were thinking about getting them, they produce very little heat. Probably half or less of what my old bulbs produced, it is making it allot easier for me to control my temp. As far as growth we'll...
  19. T

Keeping your sump detrius free

This is something I have noticed as of late. I remember my old tanks sump would fill with all kinds of crud. Now my sump is usually always squeky clean, and I think the credit has to go to the 20+ nassarius obsoleta snails in there. I had ordered so many, I figured I would put some down there...
  20. T

Heads up on fish availability

I am going on phase two of getting my tangs out of my tank....instead of putting them for sale or trade right away, I am going to catch them one at a time and put them in the fuge, then post them. Again, I have ich in my tank, so when I post them you will need a quarentine. Keep your eyes peeled...