Search results

1. D

Is something eating my GSP? It's healthy but receding.

When I got this coral the GSP was in the center only. It has grown some but the center is now receding ... and has been for over a month. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411996806.796078.jpg I have noticed what looks like a spaghetti worm on it... Very thin red tentacles. I'm just not sure...
  2. D

Red junk in my sump

Looks like a form of the bad algae. I had some a few weeks back and manually removed most of it and cut photoperiod from 12 to 10.... And now It's back. alt=""> alt=""> Should I cut down to 8 hours on the light? Maybe just raise it up a few inches... Any ideas guys? On the plus side - pods...
  3. D

Automated dosing insights - where to start

I wanna automate my dosing. I'm doing it manually now every few days.... Here is my situation: 50 gallon mixed reef. Using maybe 50ml a week right now of two part... Tank is 4 months old and my goal is to grow this thing full of zoas, several lps, a couple softies and only a few sps. Two part...
  4. D

What's growing on this hermit shell?

I've seen this on the side of my lobo as well. Not sure if it's bad or ok to have. Looks like a small polyp or tiny feather duster. I'm just not sure exactly. alt="">
  5. D

Noob algae question

alt=""> Is this something to worry about? It's slowly getting greener. Tank is 3-4 months old. Already had diatoms come and go, also green stuff on glass has come and gone. It's just on the rocks now. Running GFO/phosban reactor and skimmer.
  6. D

Scarlet hermit eating royal gramma

Woke up this morning to see hermit chowing down. Fish was healthy and fine the day before. He did have a white spot on his back though. Just one spot which didn't quite look like ich to me. Perhaps a scar from a previous hermit attack. Ammonia, NH4: 0Nitrate, NO3: 5Nitrite, NO2: 0pH...
  7. D

Micro bubbles from skimmer

I bought a proflex model one sump and a cad lights pls-100 skimmer. I thought the skimmer would fit in the center section but it's a hair to large. Sad trumpet..... I am able to squeeze it in the last section but it's right next to the return pump. I've tested it a few times and it fills the...
  8. D

Venting for sump area?

How big should vent holes be? I'm planning to make smaller 1" holes for wires to the tank (light and pumps) and to the wall. As of now I have only made a hole for my overflow/return as seen here: alt="">
  9. D

Randy's Reef Tank

More details TBA but here is my first scape attempt. alt="">
  10. D

Is this a good first tank plan?

I have been reading all the stickies and searching for answers to all the questions I can think of. I have a plan and want to run it by you folks to get some feed back. Im hoping this tank can be cycled by May 5th so I can grab some coral at NextWave. [smilie=smile.gif] Here is my set up...