Search results

1. D

Aquavitro And Red Sea Pro Marine Salt - $40

Red Sea pro is unopened 175 Gallon - seems to go for $80   Aquavitro salinity has 1/4 of bucket left   Pick-up Allen TX  
  2. D

200 Gallon For Sale reduced price to $100

200 Gallon for sale - cheap $100  You must move. Glass is 1/2 inch thick.    Original owner said it was built in Germany.   Leak in silicon at bottom of tank.  Comes with used FX-5 filter. Allen TX If interested call 214-641-2567.  You must move it.  It's heavy because it's glass bring at...
  3. D

200 Gallon Tank for Sale $200 - you must move Allen TX - leak in silicon

200 Gallon for sale - cheap $200.  You must move. Glass is 1/2 inch thick.    Original owner said it was built in Germany.   Leak in silicon at bottom of tank.  Comes with used FX-5 filter. Allen TX If interested call 214-641-2567.  You must move it.  It's heavy because it's glass bring at least...
  4. D

Babies ? Can you identify this??

It looks like I have some sort of new pink sponge in my tank with a few large entries ways, and other small vents.  There is a ton of activity that might be pods, but some of the "pods", seem to look like small fish fry.  Has anyone seen anything like this? 
  5. D

RODI slow?? What GPH should be expected?

I have a 5 stage RODI system that appears to be going too slow. It has a 75 gpd membrane on it.  Here's the stats:1)from the wall: 90 gph2)After sediment and 2 carbon filters at 1 micron it's running at 60 gph into the RO membrane with 46 psi.3) After the membrane it's coming out at 12 gph with...
  6. D

rodi: Auto Shut off Valve broken = High TDS??

Has anyone experienced an ASV causing about 200+ TDS to be added to the RO membrane TDS out reading before DI?  I went piece by piece on my RO system, and when I bypass the in only of the ASV, my mysterious 250 TDS coming out of my membrane drops to 8, put it back on up to around 250...
  7. D

Hardy San Cleaners

Can someone recommend some sand cleaners for a reef tank? I would like something hardy, cheap, lives more than a year or two, and can deal with some red cyno build up on sand or patches of brown algae. Also it's a reef tank, with inverts, and plenty of live rock so the creature(s) would need...
  8. D

Xenia stubs

when the xenia heads/hands become nubs, and lots of nubs, does that mean a fish is eating them, or is that an issue with water quality?
  9. D

sump setup - how to optimize?

This is the sump i have. Instead of bioballs I put in live rock that gets water trickled over it. http://dealofday.com/wp-content/thumbnails/112324.jpg In the middle chamber I have my external reef octopus sump return that creates a descent amount of flow back towards the waterfall plus air...
  10. D

Purigen in Main tank

The seachem bag on the outlet on my purigen cannister came off spilling a descent amount of purigen in the tank. Is that a big deal? Will the purigen eventually settle in the sand and just become part of the live sand? What will happen? Thanks!!!
  11. D

reef octopus silencing

Is there a way to quiet a reef octopus external skimmer. It has a little clear plastic tall petri cup where the air comes appears to be sucked in. Perhaps it's the nature of the beast that it will be making a sucking noise, straw slurping noise. Or maybe there is a clever way to quiet it...
  12. D

Chinese LEDS Years Later Your Experiences

Reef breeders, Reef Radiance, Evergrow, mars aqua, different names - basically the same fixture. Would like to hear your experiences since these lights have been out going on 4 years now? Mine lasted about 1 year and then died. Has any of yours lasted longer, how long? When mine died I tried...
  13. D

dehumidifer

Does anyone have a dehumidifier i could borrow for like a week? Doesn't matter how old as long as it works. My ac unit line split and put water all down my walls and under my flooring. Thanks!!!
  14. D

purigen and flow

Guys, I have had purgien for a year, but probably never full understood it. I tried to get it flowing like jelly fish in a cannister and could never get the flow right without loosing grains out the out tube. Also when I put it in a bag and just dump it in my sump, doesn't the water just go...
  15. D

Cyno Red Algae Degree of issue

Guys, I have Red Algae blooming in the tank for about 2 weeks now. I'm trying to stir up the sand daily, keep flow on it, and this weekend I'll turn off the lights. I'm also dosing No3/ph4 daily 8ml to bring down the phosphates and nitrates. Nitrates were testing at 10ppm, but that is with...
  16. D

leaking bulkhead

I have a leaking bulkhead between outlet and acrylic sheet. Previously a lot of silicon glue, i think, held it, but now it's pealing off where it's leaking. Should I just apply more silicon glue to where it is leaking and hope that holds it. Any ideas? Thank you!!!
  17. D

T5 48 inch where to buy

Do you all have a recommendation on where to get these bulbs? I run mostly xenia, kenya trees, mushrooms, hammers, and toadstools. Nothing too exciting. In the past I stocked up on petcos clearance $8 zoo med bulbs. But now they are all out. ATIs would not be out of the question if that is...
  18. D

Chipped glass corner bottom-back-right

On my 200 gallon the corner chipped off in the shape of a prism. [Like a piece of a triforce :)]. I don't really know how long it's been chipped off. It appears to not compromise the tank holding water. Should I consider filling in the chipped glass piece with something to prevent future...
  19. D

skimmer

Does anyone have an external skimmer I could borrow? My reef octopus didn't make the move from Richardson to Allen. Idiot me drop it and crack part of the acrylic. It was rated up for a 100 gallon tank. My tank is 56 gallon. I have put a bunch of carbon in the sump in bags. Is there...
  20. D

cichlid lighting cheap

I have been running a 72 inch dual T5 fixture for 3 years. Thinking about upgrading to LED. Any recommendations for a long cichlid light? No plants, or any need for really strong lights, just enough light to illuminate the tank and the make fishes colors shine for the price point. Thanks!!!