Search results

1. R

Tank crashing?

So yesterday I posted something about checking water parameters, you can read it here: viewtopic.php?t=121327 There were 2 things I did not check, PO4 and salinity. I'm not too concerned about po4 but salinity was 1.016. I checked this today because my Anthelia is looking bad, and this is a...
  2. R

Check your water parameters!

So normally I don't check my water parameters unless I see a coral or two looking bad. Well, that day came and my Aussie wall hammer, branching hammer, frogspawn, and a torch isn't looking great. I checked everything and the top 3 are way low: Alk= 6.34 dkh Ca= 270ppm Mg= 920ppm I dose alk and...
  3. R

SRBTA under rock

I have 2 large Srbta, fully open about 10" across and yesterday, one decided to move from the front top rock to directly underneath same rock. Had it about a year now, split 4 times, now hidden. Any ideas why? Before and After pictures below. alt=""> alt=""> ~Matt
  4. R

Lookie what I got today

Still need to upgrade my firmware first but at least I'm one step closer to control my AI Hydras via Apex. alt=""> ~Matt
  5. R

RO/DI question

I just upgraded my BRS 75gpd to the 150gpd to reduce the waste water however I still get a steady stream into my waste water barrels. I am having to empty them daily. Filters were changed b4 summer and tds meter reads 0. The rodi is being used for my ato directly. Would this cause it to...
  6. R

Matt's 105 upgrade

Finally tore down my 55g freshwater just so I can upgrade. Got this 105g rimless tank. I built the stand. Transferred most coral from my 75g to this tank. Will be posting 75g with stand and leds for sell soon. Here's a quick pic. Oh yeah, installed Hydra lights last night...LOVE them!!! ~Matt
  7. R

Overflow flushing noise

Just upgraded to a 105g. Using a mag 7, it has 2 drains with 2 returns. Right now, only using 1 drain. It has the overflow kits installed which are adjustable. See pic. uploadfromtaptalk1377311017970.jpg The water just started to fluctuate in the overflow causing flushing noise. It appears that...
  8. R

Aqua Lifter AW-20

I'm on my second lifter pump. Occasionally, I will run saltwater through my ato to bring salinity back up but shortly afterwards, it will not function properly. When I clean the sensor, it will start to drip versus a constant stream. I taken apart the first pump to see if I can clean the...
  9. R

Please help ID these polyps?

Other than the GSP, what are these polyps? Someone told me they were texas trash but I already had them and they don't look like this. Please help. ~Matt
  10. R

What is this?

This is a green torch that I recently moved from my nano to my 75g. What's coming from the center? ~Matt
  11. R

12 Gallon Nano stand build

Well, I have a tank build in the larger section but I failed to keep that updated so I am trying this one. My son and I decided to buy this 12 gallon nano from another member so my son can learn this hobby better. While he is out of the country for a few more weeks, I want to build another stand...
  12. R

Flood voided!?!?

Well, sitting in class now in Irving and just received an email stating that my water sensor was triggered and my return pump is now off. I bet it was those stupid elephant snails in the overflow because before I left the house, I removed two of them from there this morning. ~Matt
  13. R

Apex firmware update help please

Okay, so I bought the ALD (Leak detector) module for my apex (full version) and it required the firmware to be updated. Sounds easy but having issues now. I am running a normal PC laptop on a wireless home network. My apex is connected via a wireless bridge. Per the Apex firmware guide, it...
  14. R

Acrylic lid

What size (thickness) acrylic do I need that will not warp under led lights? Pic of current lid. uploadfromtaptalk1367854119333.jpg It's about 1/8" thick. Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
  15. R

Srbta no mouth?

My bta split some time ago and to this day, I still unable to find a mouth. I feed them both krill at least once a week but the non-mouth spits it out. It baths in the light beautiful, extends its tentacles, but doesn't eat. Question: will it grow a mouth? Couple of pics: side and top view...
  16. R

Dosing Chemiclean again

Looks like the red cyano bacteria made it to the DT again, joy. Since I just started dosing ca & alk, should I stop dosing them while using chemi clean or keep it running? Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
  17. R

RBTA hiding?

I noticed my bta not sunbathing in the light today for the first time. Why would this be? Before pic: uploadfromtaptalk1360349007103.jpg After pic: uploadfromtaptalk1360349051786.jpg Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
  18. R

High pH

I just calibrated my pH probe for the first time. It is the one that came with my Apex system. I used the calibration packets by Milwaukee (high 10.01 & low 7.01). I followed the directions within the apex dashboard and manual but the apex is reading 10.0. This opt me to retest the water using...
  19. R

ID please

I've seen a couple of these before recently but now it got bigger. I thought its a naked snail (without the shell) but now having second thoughts. It's flat, black and only comes out at night. uploadfromtaptalk1359789066230.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1359789086708.jpg Sent from my SGH-T889 using...
  20. R

Added Chemi-clean help!!!

I followed the instructions to the T but I am constantly adjusting and emptying the skimmer cup every 30-60 seconds. What am I doing wrong or am I going to have to sit here for the next 48 hours? Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2