Matt's 105 upgrade

Finally tore down my 55g freshwater just so I can upgrade. Got this 105g rimless tank. I built the stand. Transferred most coral from my 75g to this tank. Will be posting 75g with stand and leds for sell soon. Here's a quick pic. Oh yeah, installed Hydra lights last night...LOVE them!!!

~Matt

Looks good. I've been eyeballing the DSA 105 for $622 at DNA. Did Planet give you a better deal?
Also considering the Hydra... I was thinking I would go with the Hydra vs. Vega because the Lower spectrum bulbs. How's the color pop?

@Blue Water wrote:
Looks good. I've been eyeballing the DSA 105 for $622 at DNA. Did Planet give you a better deal? Also considering the Hydra... I was thinking I would go with the Hydra vs. Vega because the Lower spectrum bulbs. How's the color pop? said:
Got the tank from a fellow member who's moving, which he got tank from Mid Cities. I never had the Vegas so I can't really compare them except they are $100 cheaper. I love the color spectrum though, especially with the UV.

~Matt

@Matt wrote:
Looks really nice. You should post some macro shots. said:
Yeah, I want to once I learn to take better pics. Also, trying to clear up the red cyano from sand. Technically, still going through the new tank syndrome.

~Matt

Thought I'd post some pics. Here is the electrical panel. Believe it that all wires are labeled. Also the light mount I built for less than $30 (minus the 18" EXT cross bar). I am able to adjust the lights forward and aft. They are mounted 10" AWL.
[attachment=0]uploadfromtaptalk1379620423238.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]uploadfromtaptalk1379620466772.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=2]uploadfromtaptalk1379620487815.jpg[/attachment]

~Matt

The tank came with 2 drains and 2 returns. Currently, I am only using 1 drain, thats why you might see the durso higher up. Working great so far. Here's a pic of the sump area. A ton more room than my last set up. In fact, the top off container will be removed soon because the JBJ auto top off is constantly failing on me. I've recently ordered a replacement as well as an automated water change system, all from SpectraPure. Can't wait for this!

~Matt

I would like to buy your 75 I will offer $200 and I have a 40 gal rimless cube I can trade with cash if your interested

Jordan~JJ

@BoXyJJ wrote:
I would like to buy your 75 I will offer $200 and I have a 40 gal rimless cube I can trade with cash if your interested Jordan~JJ said:
Thanks but my old setup is pending right now. Will know for sure (I hope) by tomorrow night. If it falls through, I will let you know.

~Matt

Played around with white balance on camera phone and was able to lessen the blue color to allow more reds to show.

[attachment=0]uploadfromtaptalk1380614238278.jpg[/attachment]

~Matt

This picture was taken 2am, with the royal blues at 1% and the UV at 6%. Had to adjust camera phone effects to cut down the blue tone, seems to worked.

[attachment=0]uploadfromtaptalk1380614559331.jpg[/attachment]

~Matt