Search results

1. C

Looking for a Sea Hare buy/trade/borrow

So I am looking for a sea hare to clean up my 76gal mixed reef. I found some old posts about a “traveling/club” sea hare - if there is one being passed around I would love to get on the list. Or if some one has one up for sale I would be interested as well. Thanks.
  2. C

Refractometer calibration

so I had been having some issues with new live stock - at first I thought there was some bullying going on that was scaring new fish to the back corner of the tank and despite all efforts to feed them they would not eat and eventually dye. All my water parameters were spot on, corals growing and...
  3. C

Sick One Spot Foxface - Need Help

So the past couple of days my one spot foxface has been hiding out in the rocks and is browed out. I have had him about a year now and he has always been the center of the tank. I have seen him get his color back once over the last few days but not for very long and I have not seen him eat...
  4. C

Aerating bio ball and/or fuge

so in my sump the overflow enters chamber 1 (filter sock for feeding and water changes) also a HOB skimmer. Water then flows to chamber 2 filled with marine pure spheres then over under to refugium then over under over to return.so my question stems from other things I have read and seen. Would...
  5. C

Looking for advice on my sump/fuge build

So I have a 76 gal FWLR that I hope to eventually begin adding coral too. I had been having all kinds of chem problems with and determined that my current sump set up was not enough for the system. I am supplementing it with an old canister filter and that has stabilized the system but I would...
  6. C

Haitian anemone trade or sell

<pre>I have a Haitian/Pink-Tip Condy i have a beautiful white with pink tips Haitian anemone about 3" across when open.I am southeast of Dallas on 175 but willingto meet somewhere if neededi am open to trades (magnificent or carpet anemone or other small-medium reef fish or corals) or would take...
  7. C

Trying to identify some hitchhikers

picked up some live rock with some mushrooms on it. Now that it is in my tank and really looking at it there are some tiny anemone looking things growing all over they were closed up tight (just little white spot on the rock) now they have opened up. For size reference the purple mushroom  is...
  8. C

Chemistry problems - what is wrong?

Tank has been up and running for almost a month now and I just can't get the water right. About the set up:76 gal with a sump (filter floss, bio balls HOB skimmer). Hit a moving sale and  got about 80lbs of live rock (purple, along with some tag along mushrooms, snails and hermit crabs) and...