Search results

1. M

chaeato and my media pad

well it seems now that my cheato has grown in nice and full in my refuge I now have to change the filter material that is next in line every 3 days. what is cheato making that is brownish, pods?
  2. M

clear tube like somethings

what do I have going on here? don't think they are Vermetid snails as the structure is clear like. Any ideas alt="">
  3. M

what's the deal with my clowns

I bought them as a pair back in june or July they have been fine and happy but starting a couple a weeks ago every now and then they start this. are they playing or fighting? https://vimeo.com/77866956
  4. M

Montipora Setosa

ok I bought a small frag of this at a well known and liked LFS, and the guy running the store who seems real knowledgeable and I know is well liked here said to put it in shade as opposed to direct light so I picked the perfect spot under a shelf 3-4 inches from the bottom of my tank and a week...
  5. M

Fans are not cutting it

Fans are not getting the job done, the room where tank is at runs hotter than rest of house to begin with. so far I am not varying more than two degrees but yesterday went from 79.5 to 81.1. is there a better way to aim fans than straight down? Should I be worried? you can see I have two jpj...
  6. M

ReefCleaners

got my reefcleaners.org order in today to help out my original JBJ 28 gal crew put them all in a pile on a shelf on purpose with the intent of time lapseing them to watch them go to work. sorta worked out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_dpVkZ_rs4&feature=youtu.be
  7. M

snails stopping my skimmer

well twice I have come home to a stopped skimmer due to a snail crawling on to the intake hole of my reef octopus NWB 110. so....get rid of snails in the refugiu,never did like that idea anyway, or what else?
  8. M

second guessing my rock work

while I am waiting for my tank to cycle I am starting to have second thoughts about my rock work, I am starting to think I may have too much rock and wont have space for coral growth and happy fish. Part of the reason I moved to a bigger tank is for the fishes sake. I have about 57 lbs of rock...
  9. M

Dang nice video

whats the purple stuff? she should be in texas that stuff is large [smilie=lol.gif] [smilie=lol.gif] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Fmsvq2wQ8&feature=player_embedded
  10. M

And So It Begins...DSA 65 gal

Well after "testing the Waters" with a JBJ 28 gal NANO I am thinking the DSA 65 rimless is what I want. I have been buying a few items here and there and last night actual work began. Man am I sore today. The stand bought are $350 and up like $580 for the taller version I studied it closely...
  11. M

is this a Pest?

I got a frogspawn from DNA a few months ago, a few weeks after I noticed this twig like extension emitting a spider like thread, got on the internet and read that frogspawn sometimes stretch their tentacles in the evening and wrote if off as part of the frogspawn. Tonight I was observing it...
  12. M

Playing with sump design

Got in Photoshop last night and came up with this, what are the flaws? My thinking was for a 65 gal neo I want in the future alt="">
  13. M

lights go off, new critters emerge

I just spent a fascinating hour studying the life of my tank when the light are off. I have had a desktop magnifying glass for years for looking at small thing since my eye is not what it used to be since hitting 45 and it is great for looking at the tank up to about 8 -10inches in. Tonight I...
  14. M

Show and tell your water change techniques

I am search of the perfect way to do water changes in regards to getting the new water into the tank. I have been trying a hydro pico pump but it barley lifts it, it has been ok for 2.5 gal bottles but I want to increase to 5 gals and it's too heavy too hold for the 10 mins it takes the pump to...
  15. M

Apex Jr arrives today!!!!

Its on the truck out for delivery, if you own one what can you tell me about what to expect for set up and programing.
  16. M

Apex Jr arrives today!!!!

Its on the truck out for delivery, if you own one what can you tell me about what to expect for set up and programing.
  17. M

What's the best magazine for saltwater aquarists

So far I have found TFH and Coral do people read these? Or have forums taken over? Mike DFW's Best Photobooth www.snapzsnapz.com
  18. M

JBJ Tru Temp 2 degree temp variance

I have been trying to get the perfect temperature for a month now and even bought the JBJ True Temp but it seems that it even operates with a two degree variance, meaning that if you set it for 77 it comes on at 76 and off at 78. is this ok or should I send it back and use the money for...
  19. M

Can you have too many pods?

Just wondering cause I got plenty covering my glass? alt="">
  20. M

Well I Am Back into Fish...Newb w/JB

My name is Mike and after 4 years with Freshwater I got bored and sold everything couple years ago. Made the mistake of walking in LFS 5 weeks ago and have been reading 2-3 hours everyday since. July 6th became proud owner of JBJ CF Tank they were having a special where you get the stand free...