Search results

1. C

Murphy's cube - "if it can go wrong..."

[I've posted lots of newbie questions in the past, and as I sit here at work fretting over the conditions in my nanocube at home, I have still more questions for all you experienced and knowledgable people! 1. Algae. Out of control :very angry: I'm going by Home Depot and picking up some 5...
  2. C

Bizarre water test - Ammonia 2.0

[Ok, long post time, I apologize in advance. My 24g just has some live rock, 4 (3 now) hermits, several snails, and a Candy Cane frag. I'm not feeding anything to this tank yet, the water seems pretty nutrient rich as I have some algae problems (setup is less than a month old still). Anyhoo...
  3. C

Water clarity issue - Billyuns and billyuns o' particles

[I get so jealous when I walk into a shop and all of the water in their setups is just sparkling clear. My cube is cloudy with what looks almost like microbubbles except they don't pop when they hit the surface. Now, due to my self-imposed budget, I haven't gotten a ph, dkh, or calcium test yet...
  4. C

Fan speed control

[I picked up some AC fans (they are like the larger 4" computer fans, but run off of AC instead of DC) and lamp cords to power them and (so far) they are keeping my 400w MH from heating my water up at all, they are joing their jobs well. The problem I am having is that they are wicked loud. I'd...
  5. C

Another newbie

[Hello! I just joined the club and am going to start up a reef tank (hopefully) soon. Ended up shopping around for an aquarium stand/tank/hood combination that was predrilled and that I could fit into my (modest) income level :) After hitting several stores and looking online for a month or so...