Search results

1. F

Life Reef skimmers

Does anyone in the club have any experience running a Life Reef skimmer? If so what is your opinion on it, and please describe the tank and bioload that you ran it on.
  2. F

AI Hydras

Im in the process of upgrading my Sols to Hydras...but I bought a used Hydra to add to my 210g. The used one is much brighter than my other ones, and I think it has the 50 degree optics on it. Has anyone else upgraded to the 50 degree optics so I can get an idea of what the lenses look like...
  3. F

NPX Biopellets shape

Has anyone else bought a new package of NPX Biopellets recently? I've used them for the last 1.5 years, but have always bought the smaller 400ml bag. Since I upgraded to my 210g I bought the larger 1 liter bag and noticed that the shape and size of the pellets is different. The smaller bags...
  4. F

Diamox

Does anyone have any Diamox or know where I can get some? I think my Seahorse is coiming down with gas bubble disease. I've called several vets and they wouldnt write the Rx for it. I found one in Ft Worth, but he expected me to bring the Seahorse to him and his fee was a $99 office visit.
  5. F

Feeding station

Has anyone found or made a good feeding station for their horses? I've tried training mine to eat out a shell, but didn't have much luck. I saw one a while back on reefbuilders, but I can't find it in the US. Here's a pic of it...
  6. F

DSA tanks

I have been thinking about upgrading to a DSA 200 or 225. I have never seen their stands or canopies in person. Does anyone have any photos of their tanks so I can get an idea before purchasing. I called DSA and they said that their stands and canopies don photograph well, and that's why they...
  7. F

Moonlight LED's

I installed a set of the R2 Dual Extreme LED Moonlights in my tank. They look really good. My question is if maybe they are making things too bright for when the main lights are out. Could I be disrupting the natural "sleep schedule" of my fish and corals? I'll try and post a picture of what...
  8. F

RO system Chloramine filter

I was going to order a RO/DI system from BRS or Meleev's if I can't find a used one, but wanted to hear opinions on the BRS systems that have the chloramine removal filters. Does anyone use them or think they are necessary? It adds ~$30 to the kit and addtl. replacement costs down the road. I...