RO system Chloramine filter

FuDz Cwerner

Membership Expired
I was going to order a RO/DI system from BRS or Meleev's if I can't find a used one, but wanted to hear opinions on the BRS systems that have the chloramine removal filters. Does anyone use them or think they are necessary? It adds ~$30 to the kit and addtl. replacement costs down the road. I live in Weatherford and we have pretty good water, but our city water report shows chloramine usage. Thanks

I did some reading on this can't remember what artical I read but I determined a standard RO unit and then seachem prime on the output water was a much cheaper route to take.

I use the system with the kit on it cause fort worth has a high chormine they put in the water! The filter replacement cost is not much more than a regular kit and it's only every 6 months and I use a lot of water! It made a big difference when I switched to the chormine system.

standard ro unit should be fine. i use prime just to be sure.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-11/rhf/feature/

If you bring a tap water sample with you zip code to my house, I can test it for Chloramine with the club test kit. That way you will know if it is something to be concerned about.

Thanks Marc, but I went ahead a did it since the cost ended up being ~$9. I finally got a hold of the city and confirmed that they were using Chloramines.