Search results

1. J

Free live rock and sand

Live rock and sand from my tank that crashed last year. Bring your own bucket for the sand.  
  2. J

FS: 40 gallon setup

Complete 40 gallon tall setup. Tank, stand lids fluorescent light fixture and filter. there might be some additional accessories like air pump and heater that you can have as I dig thru the boxes. I used this as a salt water tank for a time and don’t feel like cleaning the crystals off, but...
  3. J

Nuvi Nano 16 complete setup with live stock.

Complete setup 16g Nuvi Nano aquarium with return, nano skimmer, lights and lid. Livestock inludes a tomato clown, crab or two (maybe more), purple/blue shrooms and green polyps. Rocks and sand.$300. - Carrollton
  4. J

Sump and skimmer for sale

20 gallon all glass 3 chamber sump. 24x13x18. Has bio sand or mud in the bottom of the first 2 chambers$20Reef Octopus Skimmer Classic 150s. Space saving slim body design with internal pump.$150
  5. J

120Gal tank, stand, lid and sump

Tank measures 48"L x 18"W x 28"D. Stand is 38" tall. There is a 20Gal sump in the stand. Tanks has been drained and the rocks and sand removed. It could use a cleaning. Good starter setup.Would like this gone today:) $200Carrollton
  6. J

120 Gal tank, stand, lid, sump, Live rock and sand

Breaking down my 120gal tank. I easily have over 100# of live rock. Sand is a composite of sand and crushed coral. Enough for over a 4" layer in a 48x18 base.$2 a pound. You must bring your own buckets or containers.Will also consider selling the tank, stand, lid and sump as a whole package for...
  7. J

Blue Mushrooms

I have a good size rock full of blue mushrooms. $30. Please bring you own container or bucket.
  8. J

Need to find someone to take some livestock ASAP.

Pump and plumping failed on my tank today. I have a yellow tang, maroon clownfish and dozens of anemones that need a new home in the next few hours.I live in N. Carrollton up by the colony. I'm hoping someone can pick these guys up today before the perish and give them a new home.
  9. J

URGENT! Need new home for fish.

Pump and plumping failed on my tank today. I have a yellow tang, maroon clownfish and dozens of anemones that need a new home in the next few hours.I live in N. Carrollton up by the colony. I'm hoping someone can pick these guys up today before the perish and give them a new home.
  10. J

Good or bad Brittle stars

I'm moving livestock over to a new tank setup and came across these little fellas and can't seem to identify them enough to know if they are good or bad. I found a reference to some being called the green death and others that say they are excellent scavengers. They appear to be a brownish...
  11. J

Lionfish in need of a medical tank

My lionfish that I have had for over a year has stopped eating. And recently noticed leasions at the base of his head and tail. He is about 12-15" and still swimming around. If someone with a medical tank would like to try and nurse him back to health and give him a good home, please come and...
  12. J

Nano Maintenance

New to the concept of a nano tanks. Last week I setup an 8 gallon cube at work. I used water, rock and sand from me existing tank at home so all is good with the water quality and was able to a pair of fish. What I am having problems with is salt levels and temperature. First the salt...
  13. J

Looking for a electrically delay timer

I have some equipment that I want to delay the start of when I apply the power. Without going into all the details, essentially when power is applied, say like fturning on a power strip, a timer turns on for the day or after a power outage recovery all my equipment starts at the same time. I...
  14. J

Wasted resin

So when I installed bu RO/DI system I posted on here that the resin chamber never fills completely with water. It remains about 1/4 or less filled. Everyone posted back that it was normal. Today for the first time I replaced my filters. Most looked ok and ready for replacement. But for the resin...
  15. J

Is this a good kind or bad kind?

This guy has been roving around the tank for a couple of weeks and looks to have settled down next to another nem. I previously posted about it being attached to a snail in this thread http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=96780 Is this possibly some clone that was spit off by this...
  16. J

Anemone Snail

So a short time back I purchased this anemone to host a pair of clowns.http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=96376 It has been eating silversides every other day until this past thursday. Since then it has refused to eat and I started getting worried. It's still open and still...
  17. J

Taking down a tank

Seems very little on this topic as most people focus on getting a tank setup. I have recently completed a move from a 40gal to a 110gal tank and now have all my livestock moved. I'm ready to start taking apart the 40gal but not sure what needs to be done. It is still all running because I don't...
  18. J

Help with reducing lighting

Quick background... Thought lighting was important and tried to buy the biggest or brightest. Recently moved to a 110gal with about 26" depth from the tope of the water level to the and bed. I acquired an 8 bulb t5 HO fixture. I've had issues with corals getting bleached and soft corals close up...
  19. J

Problems with new Octopus BH 1000

I just installed a new BH 1000 HOB skimmer and it seems to have some REAL major design flaws, one which causes it to dump about a gallon of water all over the floor every time it starts up! It also looks like they "redesigned" it as it doesn't look quite like the pics on the box. Hopefully...
  20. J

Sump creatures

My first time with a sump. I'm just curious to know what, if any, kind of live stock could or should be placed in there. Like snails, crabs, etc...