Search results

1. A

MaxSpec Gyre XF150

Price: $150Location: Haslet 76052 - can meet near Keller or off hwy 170Text Best: 817 312 7243Condition: Great working condition. Used for just a few months.
  2. A

Tank doesn't touch Stand

My 375 gallon tank is only touching the stand at the corners. I can put a business card underneath each side. I've already spent a lot of time on rock work and don't want to remove the tank. But I would like to use that pink Styrofoam as a layer. Anybody think this is a major concern?
  3. A

Rock Work Critique

I have about 300lbs of rock work for my 375 build and set this up in about 20 minutes yesterday. Want a general consensus of how terrible it is. I like the 2 large caves, one on left goes all the way to back glass. I dont really like arches all that much and am not going for a minimal scape. I...
  4. A

Need a steel stand maker

Anybody know someone who can give me a quote on a steel stand?
  5. A

SPS Bleaching from the base up

Hey DFWMAS! I am new to SPS and for the first few months frags I had were doing great. Now, I have some bleacing from the base up and loss of color. Tips look like new growth still and there is some good polyp extension. Not all my frags are losing color but green slimmer seems to be the one...
  6. A

2 or 3 Hydra original over 48X24?

I believe these lights have a factory spread of 24X24 so technically 2 for a 48X24 would work. What are peoples thoughts on using 3 a getting a little better coverage? Overkill or beneficial?
  7. A

T5 Fixture Recommendations

Looking to swtich (maybe) from Hydra's to T5's. 48X24 tank, thinking 8 bulbs. Does anybody have a recommendation on a fixture, maybe dimmable. Currently have a Wavepoint 24” on a separate tank which I was more impressed with than I thought I would be. Seemed to be heavy duty. However I do not...
  8. A

Electrician consult needed ASAP

I have VERY sensitive breakers in my rooms (house built by DR Horton) When I moved in they told me not to use outlets in the rooms to vacuum etc. and to using plugs in the hallways as they handle more power. They didn’t lie, if I use anything other than a lamp in the rooms the circuit will trip...
  9. A

55 gallon turned on side for shallow reef

Does anybody have experience doing this or know someone that could help out if I had the glass cut to do it?
  10. A

Wellso shrunk up

I've had this great rainbow wells for 3 or 4 weeks now. For the first 2+ weeks it looked great. It was huge and colorful. One day it got really puffy like a softball and then then since it has looked shrunken. I?ve never seen any tentacles at night to spot feed though I?ve been looking for them...
  11. A

Paly ID please

These were sold to me as Dreamweavers but I don't look like what I've found online. alt="">
  12. A

DIY tank glass thickness.

Thinking about doing a DIY tank 20x20x12 high. Would 3/16 glass or 1/4 be enough?
  13. A

AI Vega vs 250W Halide

I just wanted to show off my new light I suppose. Before is my old 250W 12K reef Flux bulb and after is the new Vega. AI's website said the Vega covers a 24X24 area at 6" over the water I believe. My tank is 36", I could only get 1 unit so I raised it to 10" and think I am getting adequate...
  14. A

HELP, another ich question. Purple tang outbreak

Long drawn out explanation but quest I pose at the end is “If he isn’t eating, will the cupramine treatment make him feel good enough to begin eating again? “ Before I start, know I have read for hours about ich and about the QT process and seemed to find nothing but Inconclusiveness to if you...
  15. A

Treating sick fish with Dr. G's

Ok, so I posted a thread earlier today asking about what I was seeing on my fish. http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=104384 It got worse today, my LFS said it's probably brooklynella. Not my favorite. I picked up some Dr. G's medicated fish food. After searching for a while I...
  16. A

New coloration - disease?

I have a couple things going on with my fish that just popped up yesterday. I seem some coloration that has me concerned on one of my clowns and my Naso tang. Both clownfish and Naso are still eating really well. They eat everything I put in the tank no matter how much I put in there it seems. I...
  17. A

New to hobby, cloudy questions.

Hello, my name is Brian. I am mostly new to the hobby. I had a marine aquarium a few years ago but it was small and I didn’t have it long (though it thrived when I had it). I have been setting up a new 135 tank with about 160 lbs. of pre-packaged live sand and about 40 lbs. of rock so far. I...