Search results

1. G

Opinions on Supplemental T5 Bulbs

I have a 72g bowfront with a DIY LED systems running. Growth is good, and *most colors as well. I have noticed there are some colors lacking (red/orange) I have 2 Icecap 403 ballasts leftover. I would prefer to add 2 bulbs due to canopy space. What 2 bulbs would y'all suggest? Thanks!
  2. G

What Can I Do With an AquaController Jr??

I acquired just a base unit and temp probe. I know I need to buy a few things, namely a pH probe and DC8. But was also curious as to what I can do with it..? He is a pic of the controller I have: alt=""> I will try and give a bit of info about my tank to help with what I have/could control...
  3. G

Seeking New Test Kit

I am currently using API test kits. I am going to be ordering some items from BRS and think I want to upgrade my kit. What does everyone use? I wish I could afford all of the Hanna testers, but heard the Ca needs improvement. Which brands are the most reliable/ease of use? Thanks
  4. G

Which Type of GFO

I am going to get a dual reactor from BRS and run it with an MJ1200. Which type of GFO (Granular, Pellet or High Capacity) would be best to use with this reactor/ pump combo? It would be going on a 72g Bow Front if that matters. Thanks
  5. G

Equipment Upgrade Suggestions

I am on a budget, so I do minor upgrades a money allows. My current set up is a 72g bow front. It has 4X 48" VHO's on it currently. I built the sump from a couple of leaking tanks I had. I have an ATO on it. 1 MP40 and the return are my only flow inside the tank. I will have some money in the...
  6. G

Planning Stages of DIY LED Fixture

Starting to plan a DIY LED build. I am running into an issue with layout of LEDs and the heatsink/s. I have a 72g Bowfront, and my dilemma is more with the odd problems a BF lends. Here is a stolen/ edit pic. alt=""> As you can see the ends are only 12" front to back. And the overflow...
  7. G

MP40 Power Supply Specs?

I know it is 24v, but does anyone know the amp rating? Want to see if I have spare PS laying before ordering one online. Thanks
  8. G

Help Me Improve My Lighting on a Budget

I have a 72g bowfront. Currently has 2 X Icecap 403's driving: 2 T12 Actinic whites @ 48" 2 T12 Super Actinic @ 48" I would really like a more blue hue than it has currently when all the lights are on. I didn't know if merely changing the bulbs would be enough, or if I needed to supplement it...
  9. G

Is There a Cookie Cutter Stocklist for a 72g Bowfront?

I have a 72g bowfront that is about 2 1/2 months old. This is my first tank, so fighting hard to take things slow. Currently I only have 1 fish, a tank raised clown. And a few frags. I have been doing some research, but being new to salt, I am not familiar with the fish. And I live ~ 40-45...
  10. G

Lighting Schedule for T12 VHO's?

I have a 72g bowfront that has 4 X T12 VHO bulbs driven by 2 X Icecap ballasts. Currently just finished cycle, and will be added a cuc soon. It has 2 X Super Actinic White and 2 X Super Actinic Blue at the moment. I want to replace these, as I do not know the age of the bulbs. Should I get the...
  11. G

My First Try at My Stack

These are crappy phone pics. I also have the actinic lights off. alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> Let me know what you think. See any Improvements I could make?
  12. G

What Kind of Epoxy for Stacking Rock

What is a good epoxy for attaching rocks to one another? Something I can get local if at all possible. Thanks
  13. G

Thrust Into the Hobby

Well, I have been thrust into the hobby. I currently have 8 running freshwater tanks, and was eventually going to migrate to salt. So, night before last, my nephew called and said his boss was going to throw his 72g SW setup in the dumpster. His wife wanted the spot for a Christmas tree...