Search results

1. E

450 Gallon System for Sale - $3500 WHOLE SYSTEM

We are listing our house and planning to move locally, but our giant aquarium will not be going with us.  I'm just too busy after opening Baked Addictions that I feel like I need to part with it for now.  I'm sure I'll be back.  Ha ha.It would be fantastic to sell the entire system to someone...
  2. E

Home from trip and need help!

I've been in Ohio this past week and just got home. I have SPS that are loosing color, losing polyp extension, turning white, and my clam looks terrible! I had someone staying at the house watching the dog, feeding the fish, emptying the skimmer bucket, and topping off the freshwater. I just...
  3. E

Our Crazy upgrade to a 450 gallon display!

Upgrade day is just 2 days away. So i thought I would start a build thread. This is getting more complicated day by day. Basically, we are upgrading everything!!! We have boxes of sand, salt, and rock everywhere! We are going from a 120 + 18 gallon display tank to a 450 that is 72" x 30' x...
  4. E

Reef Octopus SRO-5000 internal Skimmer question

We are upgrading tanks which means upgrading skimmers as well. I'm buying a SRO-5000 from someone. Does anyone have that skimmer and know the collection cup lid dimensions? 10" or 12"? Wondering if my 10" swabbie will fit it.
  5. E

Interceptor/whole tank red bug treatment

I had someone PM me to let me know they found red bugs on a frag they got from me. After checking my tank, I'm seeing red bugs and need to treat! I'm finding out that interceptor is no longer available after calling my vet. Is there another whole tank treatment? What should be my course of...
  6. E

Reactor - Am I just not changing Media often enough?

I added a BRS Dual Reactor to my system on 6/12/12. So, it's been up and running for over a month now. When I added the reactor, my phosphates were at 0.08 ppm and I had some GHA at the back of my tank. I've been pretty careful about not allowing the reactor to tumble the GFO too much so I...
  7. E

Skimmate locker -vs- DIY Setup

I have a very odd question. Is there any added benefit of a skimmate locker other than trapping the smell? I have a DIY gallon container that I used with my old setup as a skimmate locker without being airtight or having carbon. I just upgraded skimmers and now I'm wondering... Would this...
  8. E

Who has magnetic frag racks?

I have been placing my frags in the sanded and I need to get a frag rack. I've been looking at clear magnetic ones, but I was wondering who has one and what brand you guys have. I have seen issues with magnet strength on some and want to get a good one. Any help would be appreciated.
  9. E

Anyone know what this sps coral is?

Hubby and I were doing some fish store shopping today and saw this SPS coral at Fish2Morrow again that I like. It's purple and plating...anyone know what it is?
  10. E

What skimmer are YOU using?

I'm interested to follow this thread as well. I'm running an EV-180 on my 120 system and have thought about upgrading it down the road.
  11. E

My 120 Re-build Progress

I thought that maybe I should post a thread and show the progress on my tank. We relocated here from SC in May 2010 and sold all of our livestock and just brought the equipment and sand in buckets. With the tank's one year re-birthday approaching on the 19th of this month I thought I should...
  12. E

What do you dose dkh with?

I've been using baking soda but wondered what you guys are using. I asked Frank at Frank's tanks and he is using B-ionic buffer. A long time ago I used a Kent buffer. So, survey says...