Search results

1. D

Micro bubbles everywhere!!!

I am having micro-bubbles galore in my tank and i cant figure out why!!! I have checked, double-checked and rechecked all the plumbing and i am positive that i dont have any holes or leaks. I think the skimmer is creating some. I have a PM skimmer. I tried putting some filter media on that...
  2. D

CO 2 gauge

Does anyone know if an O2 gauge can be used as a CO2 gauge? I would imagine so but dont know for sure. Thanks
  3. D

What type of plumbing to use

I have a 75 gallon tank that is drilled on the back instead of the bottom. The overflow is a short box with 2 holes drilled near the bottom. I am unsure as to wether I should make a stand pipe that makes 2 90% turns or what. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA I included a poorly...
  4. D

Skimmers

I am looking to get a skimmer for my new 75. I found an Aqua Medic with an Ocean Runner 2500 pump. I have never heard of either of those brands and was wondering if anyone else had and if so what is your opinion of them? Thanks
  5. D

Lighting req

I have a tank that is 48"L X 18"W X 20"H It will be a mixed reef tank. I an going to suspend the lighting about 6-12" above the top of the tank. I have another tank which is 26" High and i have 2X 250W MH bulbs and 2X 48" actinic VHO's. It seems to work great but i am worried that the same...
  6. D

Plumbing and Sump/Refugium Ideas

I just bought a 70 Gallon aquarium and it is dfrilled on the back. I have never had one drilled on back and so i am looking for suggestions as to what type of plumbing to use and what type of refugium/sump. I am including pictures of the front and back. I appreciate any suggestions and ideas. I...
  7. D

Green tip anemone

How do i get my green tip anemone off of a rock? I have 3 of them on one rock and i would like to move one to my nano tank. I have some reef propogation tools so if absolutely necessary i can cut the rock into pieces. Thanks in advance.
  8. D

Green bubble tip anemone

My green bubble tip anemone split into 3 over a two day period! I now have 3 green tip anemones! Never seem one split into 3 that fast.Just thought i'd share the good news.
  9. D

Green film all over tank walls

I have tested the water and it seems to be fine. I do 20% water changes every 7-10 days. I have an awesome lawnmower blenny on my team and still I have this nasty looking green film on my tank. I Use a scrubber and cant get it off. Try the magnet scrubber and still nothing. What am I doing...
  10. D

Possible system builds

I plan on upgrading my tank in the not so distant future. I am wanting to get a 200+ gallon tank. I will probably have a 100 G refugium/sump. What i am wanting is some ideas about plumbing. My tank will be RR. Should i get 3 holes drilled or just 2? The reason I ask is because I recently learned...
  11. D

Possible system builds

I plan on upgrading my tank in the not so distant future. I am wanting to get a 200+ gallon tank. I will probably have a 100 G refugium/sump. What i am wanting is some ideas about plumbing. My tank will be RR. Should i get 3 holes drilled or just 2? The reason I ask is because I recently learned...
  12. D

Koralia 7 Magnum

I just got my Koralia 7 Magnum power-heads in toady and they are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about water movers! Couldn't be happier. I put them in my 70 gallon and put the koralia 4's i had in there in my 23 gallon. Unicorn tang is digging them like a shovel! If anyone was thinking aobut buying...
  13. D

Help! Issues with frag tank

I set up a frag tank about 3 weeks ago. It is running into and out of the same sump as my main display. It is 20 gallons, scwd output, with rio powerhead inside, 2 pc 50/50 bulbs. It is 31"L X13"W X12"H. I have no sand and only about 2 lbs of live rock in there. I have egg crate setting atop...
  14. D

What exactly is wet/dry filtration?

What is wet/dry system? I see people put it down and dont understand exactly what it is they are talking about. Is it like a refugium/sump with and external canister filter added to it? Thanks
  15. D

Cup coral

I found a cup coral that is not doing so well in a tank at the LFS here. How hard is it to nurse a cup coral back to health? I have great flow in my tank and alot of very healthy corals. Will this affect any of them? It is about 4 inches in diameter. Has a good amount of live coral on it for...
  16. D

Frag Rack or Frag aquarium?

I have alot of frags in my aquarium and i would like to either set up a frag tank or a frag rack. The question i have is which would be better? A small tank for nothing but frags with good MH/VHO lighting or just a frag rack in the 70G show aquarium I have? Also, what should i use as a rack, how...
  17. D

Lionfish Problem

My dwarf lionfish is not doing goo at all. Very listless and not eating. Eyes glazed over and getting tossed around tank by current but will sometimes swim but not very often. Any suggestions?
  18. D

HELP! Dwarf Lionfish problems

My Dwarf Lionfish is not doing very good. He seems a little bloated and eyes look a little glazed. Not eating much of anything at all. I have pulled him from the tank and have done a complete water change because my sump turned nasty on me when my wife turned of the light and didnt turn it back...
  19. D

New member tank 1of 3

I have 3 tanks but currently only have pics of one. Just got everyhting about 4 days ago. Very excited about it.
  20. D

Protein skimmers for nanos

I have a 6 gallon nano cube that i bought about 2 months ago. I have some coral in there and i am starting to see the film on the top of the water. I tried putting my nano skimmer in there but it was too big and too tall. What should i do? Is there an even smaller skimmer or am i just missing...