Search results

1. I

Apex Breakout Box

Finally getting more comfortable programming my Apex. ?I'm sure to a lot of you this will sound trivial, but I'm excited that I set this up on my own and figured it out. ?I installed a float switch in my ATO reservoir and now my apex will text and email me when the reservoir is getting low...
  2. I

Connecting Varios pump to Apex

Does anyone have a link to purchase the cable and any programming codes? I called BRS and they said the kessil cable will work. Can anyone confirm this?
  3. I

skinning a metal stand

Does anyone have any good references or links on how to skin a metal stand?
  4. I

DIY stand for a 175 bowfront??

If you have a bow front you know the stands are crap. Does anyone have any plans for a stand and canopy? What I concern about is making the bow on the stand.
  5. I

Which brand of biopellets

Which brand of bio pellets do you use/prefer? I'm about to start using them in tlf reactor but can't decide on a brand.
  6. I

Aquacontroller jr. ?

Can't seem to figure out if my aquacontroller jr. Can control a pump down to seconds. For example I want a pump to turn on a pump for 10-20 seconds every hour. Does anyone know if it can do it and if it can can you help me?
  7. I

Tunze pumps with Aquasurf

Is anyone using tunze pumps with an Aquasurf? I have an Aquasurf and I am thinking of purchasing a 6015 for my nano. Does anyone have any advice?
  8. I

LED suggestions for 175 Bowfront

As the title states, I'm trying to get some input on LED's for my bow front. Right now I have VHOs and metal halides. I'm thinking of switching to LEDs, but not sure if I need two or three, or if I should go with a DIY. I would appreciate any suggestions. My tank is 29 inches tall so not...
  9. I

Aqua controller jr.

I'm having issues coordinating my pumps with the feed schedule. Does someone that have one possibly pm your number and walk me through it? I keep reading the manual but can't get it synced correctly. Thanks!
  10. I

Bio pellet or gfo reactor

I'm debating between both. Can you guys that have use both chime in and tell me which one you prefer and why? Also what kind of reactor are you using? I'm thinking of going with a Brs reactor for either gfo or the pellets.
  11. I

trigger systems skimmer

I bought the skimmer and setup in the link below. Does anyone have a skimmer like it? I am not sure how to set it up. Randy/Rocky told me that the skimmer ran off the return pump, but he doesn't remember how to exactly pipe it. To me the design appears to be like a downdraft etss skimmer...
  12. I

return pump location

For those of you that have external return pumps with returns at opposite ends of the tank where do you locate your pump? In the center behind the tank or at one end of the tank for easier access to the pump? I'm tempted to place the return pump at one one of the tank but I fear that the...
  13. I

FOWLR to Reef

I'm in the process of converting my 125 from a fowlr to reef. I know the fowlr has a low calcium, magnesium, and KH reading. Am I better off doing a huge water change and using newly mixed water or should I use as much water from the 55 reef and add it to the 125 fowlr before moving my...
  14. I

Water level for skimmer

I recently bought a reef devil deluxe skimmer and it didn't come with a manual. I plan on using it in my sump and I don't know where the water level should be on the skimmer. I'm sure someone on here can help out. Below is link to the skimmer I have. http://www.superskimmer.com/RDD.htm
  15. I

Hanna TDS meter calibration solution

Does anyone have the calibration solution for this type of meter? If not, and you have a Hanna tds meter do you want to go in on a group buy? The store sells them, but in lots of 25 packages and I don't need that many.
  16. I

Nano or Bio cube?

I recently acquired this nano or biocube. I think it is a nano cube because the way the chambers are setup, but I'm not positive. I can't seem to match the dimensions to a nano size. The dimensions are 16.5 inches wide 15.5 inches deep and 14 inches tall (there is no lid). That makes it...
  17. I

Lighting question for a 6-foot tank

How many of you have 2 or 3 metal halides setup on a standard 6-foot 125 gallon tank? I don't know if I should go with three 150W or two 250W on my tank. I currently keeping mostly softies and lps. I'd like to start keeping more sps.
  18. I

Deep sand bed question?

If I'm setting up a deep sand bed in my refugium do I really need a deep sand bed in my tank? My fuge is 8 inches wide, 16 inches long and 12 inches tall. How deep should the sand bed be? It is a 29 gallon fuge for a 55 gallon tank.
  19. I

What size to drill

I am drilling my DAS 55 gallon tank but not sure what size bulkhead I should drill for. Any advice? I don't have a pump yet so I'm willing to match the pump to what I drill the tank.
  20. I

removing a DAS overflow

It is a 55 gallon and has been setup for over a year. I want to use a sump and I'd rather not put a hang on overflow box on the tank. How hard is it to remove the D.A.S. overflow box? Has anyone ever just drilled through the overflow instead of taking it out? While I'm doing this can I keep...