Search results

1. C

odd fish behavior

recently I've noticed some odd fish behavior in my aquarium with my lawn mower blenny and bristletooth tang. my blenny has found a nice spot off at the end of the tank and has started to dig in the sand and hollow out a hole. i thought he was just "claiming" that spot for his own. as i was...
  2. C

odd fish behavior

recently I've noticed some odd fish behavior in my aquarium with my lawn mower blenny and bristletooth tang. my blenny has found a nice spot off at the end of the tank and has started to dig in the sand and hollow out a hole. i thought he was just "claiming" that spot for his own. as i was...
  3. C

feeding station question

has anyone successfuly gotten their ponies to eat from a feeding station? if so, how did you train the little buggers to know when its chow time and do go to the sation? seems i am still basically target feeding my little girl. she eats so slowly and doesn't go after food well at all. i've tried...
  4. C

cracked center support

we had a small crack in the center support of the tank that we just heavily siliconed up. its been almost a year ago this was done. tank has been up and running since. however, recently i've noticed its cracked quite a bit more. before we have a major problem, is it possible to just get another...
  5. C

Funky looking black gunk? Can anyone help ID?

Not sure this is bad, just curious as to what the heck it is. Last weekend we bought my daughter a little emporer tang from Neptune's. I have a 125g mixed reef tank with just a few fish. It had been a while since I bought any fish. A few months back the seal on the corner of the tank gave and we...
  6. C

Seahorse Help

Hey guys! Posted here since its an emergency to me and the seahorse board is kinda slow. I bought 2 hand raised juvenilles (Romeo and Mercutio) from DNA about 3 almost 4 weeks ago and they are healthy as can be eating well and everything. I went back a week and a half ago and bought the 5" XL...
  7. C

is this ok for my reef tank? found a black sea star

the other day my motherinlaw saw thins in our tank. we had no clue it was ever there. its kinda big too. i'm hoping its reef safe, but i did have a few small fish mysteriously dissappear recently. could this have eaten them or is he safe? i put him in my qt tank for now but if he's safe, i'd...
  8. C

what kinda algae is this?

my sump is starting to get overrun with this stuff. i was gonna post to give some away, but just not sure what kind it is. is this feather caulerpa? thanks!
  9. C

can you safely transport corals on a motorcycle?

would it be wise to just put them in a backpack and go or are there other precautions that you need to take? i was thinking i could just wrap everything in a towel to help maintain the temp and just take off. or should i add a heat pack in the backpack? was thinking about riding the bike to the...
  10. C

fish out of water

i haven't been able to find one of my firefish the past week or so. which really wasn't that unusual. sometimes i'd see both come out for 2 or 3 weeks everyday and then only 1 for the next week, then both again. so i wasn't too worried but i did do a little seach to see if i could see him up in...
  11. C

can you please tell me what these items might be?

when i purchased my aquarium, these things came with it and i'm not exactly sure what they are. i just remember the guy told me the white thing was a kalk reactor but i really am not even sure what that is or if that's what it is (might have got it wrong). if anyone could be so kind as to help...
  12. C

something is going on, please help

really not sure what's happening, but 2 days ago my nem died. and it seems since then, my kenya tree and my toadstool leather haven't bloomed at all. that is very unusual. i've checked my water and all seems good to me except my ph is a little on the low side so i added some buffer. nothing has...
  13. C

cabbage leather

i purchased my tank from another member about 5 weeks ago. it had a big beautiful cabbage leather. after about days 2 or 3 of being moved and setup at my house, the poor cabbage slumped over. the guys at nda said not to worry that he'd bounce back and all would be well. he's still slumped over...
  14. C

Can anyone help me identify a few things?

Wasn't sure exactly where this should be posted so admins please move if needed. There are several things I'm not sure what they are. Thanks in advance for your help! :) Can anyone tell me what this is growing on the top rock? Its starting to get bigger but I haven't the slightest what it is...
  15. C

Help with Poor Cabbage Leather

Shortly after I purchased the tank and set it up, the big beautiful cabbage leather has slumped over. He's been drooping down for nearly 2 weeks now. He doesn't look like he's dying, but he doesn't look good. The guys @ NDA said he should be fine but to be sure and remove him from the tank if he...
  16. C

Hello Everyone!

On the recommendation of Webster from North Dallas Aquariums, I decided to join this forum and start researching all my options of starting my new 55 gallon salt water reef tank. Everyone so far seems so very nice. Looks like there is a wealth of info here! I'm a bit over-whelmed by so much new...