Search results

1. C

20 gal propagation tank

The Rev set up one of his old 20 gal freshwater tanks as a propagation tank (really it waz cuz I couldn't fit anymore frags into the 100 gal :)). Same sand, some corals, a HOB skimmer and a couple of them Home Depot 75W glass-enclosed flourescent spot lights that you can clip on to the tank...
  2. C

Portable a/c in a cooler adn 12v too! - I can see where this could be useful...

[Greetings fellow Vikings. Found this on eBay. Pretty simple idea - I can see where you could use that in case of emergency as a emergency chiller as well as just blowing the cold air over yourself... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....3499451 I think the principle is pretty simple and could be knocked...
  3. C

Tank maintenance - Calcium deposits on the glass

[Well, I have a couple of tanks that have that calcium deposit/mineral deposit-looking stuff on the inside glass near the tank top. I've tried various things like white vinegar, calcium-deposit remover and so to get that grunge off and out. No joy. Anyone know of a chemical/product that will get...
  4. C

Fish blindness - Second green chromis that's gone blind

[Was checking out the 100g tank - I have a large green chromis - about 3" long - was bumping into stuff and acting like no vision. Had a 2" green chromis that did the same thing earlier in the year. Eyes seem to look the same, no growth over the lens nor apparent damage to the lens. My Scopas...