20 gal propagation tank

The Rev set up one of his old 20 gal freshwater tanks as a propagation tank (really it waz cuz I couldn't fit anymore frags into the 100 gal :)). Same sand, some corals, a HOB skimmer and a couple of them Home Depot 75W glass-enclosed flourescent spot lights that you can clip on to the tank sides. A few snails (read 'lunch') for the few crabs I put in the tank.
Two years later: it's still going and the corals are thriving. they seem to do better there than in my 100 g. And yes, I have both soft and stony corals in the tank. All seem to doing well. 'Cepting the snails (lunch). I drop in some freshwater flakes or some Cyclopeze occasionally - like maybe once a month or not. The copepod population is high and I will drop in some brine shrimp eggs occasionally as well - mebbe for entertainment more than anything else.
Macroalgae grows well in it so I harvest that out about once a month as well as it blocks the light to some of the stonies and the fish in the other tank seem to like it..

Rev. Chuck, Glad to here from you.
I am setting up a 20 like that for a Mantis tank. Hopefully it will be as maintenance free and self sustaining as yours.
Richard

Yes pictures or more details would be nice. I am in the process of setting up a system right now.

This would be beneficial to my plans.

Steve i would love to come over and see you system when it is up and running. My parents live in flower mound so i am there quite often.