Search results

1. P

Sanjay's Tank Build for those who want to revisit!!

Enjoy!!! http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730564&highlight=coast+to+coast+external+overflow Kathy
  2. P

Plenums - anyone here use them?

I was reading on Garf.org and they suggested using a Plenum? Anyone have any information on this? Thanks, Kathy
  3. P

fish safe paint?

I know krylon fusion is. Is rustolem for plastics safe? or if anyone has suggestions for painting/coloring styrofoam? Thanks! Kathy
  4. P

My 80 Gal Build (Prairie Kat)

Well - I am in the process of putting up an 80 gal! The tank has been drilled for a bit now - and I finally aquascaped it!! Here is a pic. Sand will be in this evening - or tomorrow! Kathy
  5. P

Sanjay's 500 gal tank Build Thread with all the Great pics!!

I found Sanjay's 500 Gal Tank Build Thread - Great for those who couldn't see alot of the small details from his presentation yesterday!! http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=9326653a38aae8d9a12140d6b9897e93&threadid=730564&perpage=25&pagenumber=1 Enjoy! Kathy
  6. P

Cleaner Shrimp

I thought you could keep more than one cleaner shrimp in a tank - is this true? Thanks, Kathy
  7. P

Moving/upgrading a Tank

I see several treads of ppl moving their tanks. My question is this: When moving/dismantling the tank - normally is the sand reused? If so, how do you protect the life in the orig sand - and place the sand back in the new tank? Also, how do you go about moving the sand without fear of loosing...
  8. P

Sick Jawfish

Hi Matt, I have a Pearly Yellow Headed Jawfish who is eating just fine - however, it appears as if his gills are irritated - I do not know if it is parasitic or a bacteria infection - I plan on placing him in a hospital tank this weekend because it hasn't seemd to improve - I have had him since...
  9. P

Lighting Question -

I still consider myself fairly new to the Marie Aquarium and was wondering about lighting - Out of these 2 options, what would be the opinions around here of which is better? T8's (48" w/3 bulbs) or Power Compacts (2 bulbs) (I know T5's are the better option at the moment - but I am unable...
  10. P

Black False Percs: Ora vs England/Austrailia Varieties ?

I know that ORA has had a it of a problem with sending some sick fish to the LFS in the last year and I just lost my pair of Naked clowns from them - and I do not know any other source for the Naked "No Stipe" variety besides ORA - so I was going to purchase a pair of the Black False Percs...
  11. P

D.A.S Tanks/Filtration

1. Anyone near Grand Prairie that is running one of these systems? (I would like to stop buy adn see how it all works, if possible) 2. Anyone remove the filtration box from their tank? and if so, How difficult was it? Thank You in Advance!
  12. P

EEEKKKK!

For those that were curious ... THIS is what happens when you drill a tempered tank!! :evil:
  13. P

Cutting Glass!!

Anyone know a secret to cutting 1/4" glass?? We have tried it twice now - with no success... We have the plain glass gutter with the ball at one end and the wheel cutter at the other end Thank You!! Lady Z!!
  14. P

Internal Overflow - Glass or Acrylic?

I will be building an internal horizontal overflow box Converting my 55 into a RR system. Should this be Acrylic or Plastic? I have read that Glass and Acrylic do not bond well.. hence my above question. Also - I would like to hear from those of you who have Drilled a tank and converted one...
  15. P

Help!! I need a 'lil input on plumbing my 180 gal...

I visited with Kyle at "The Boutique Pet Shop" on Garland Rd and he suggested I ask you guys :) (I was going to anyways :P) But - they had a set up there a few years back that I thought would work - so was goin back to take a peek at it today and it was gone lol SO!! Here is my dilema! I...
  16. P

Need Sand!! Locations Perhaps?

Has anyone figured out where to Locate the ... Southdown/YardRight/OldCastle Play Sand? I am located in Grand Praire, Texas and am trying to get my 200 gal set up at lowest costs possible !! Any help would greatly be appreciated!! I was directed to this forum a few nights ago - Great Place...