Search results

1. H

2 year full tank shot

pic of 90 i didn't clean the hair algea or razor blade the glass though i just finally got my red slime issue taken care of. This is the best it's looked in months
  2. H

Can't kick the algea...

Ok, so i have 0 tds top off water, do regular water changes, run lights only 8 hrs per day and practice a lights out period of 3 days every couple months. I CANNOT KICK THIS NUISANCE ALGEA PROBLEM!!!! If it's not green hair algea then it's cyano on the sand bed I'm running phosban gfo in...
  3. H

coralvue 14k bulbs, do they suck?

so i finally got around to taking down my T-5 lamps and hooking up my Dual 250w metal halide setup. I like the shimmer, but i picked up a couple of used reflectors and 2 14k coralvue SE bulbs off reef central and i have to say these bulbs are not very bright. the par is low also, like ppfd 39...
  4. H

Does my hamilton ballast need a fan?

I picked up a a used Dual 250 w ballast a while back from bimmerz. Well i just got around to cracking the case and inspecting the inside, all looks good, though i'll probably add a second switch. Question is, this is a magnetic ballast and there is no fan in it, never was i guess. SO DOES...
  5. H

what gauge wire for metal halides

i bought a 250w dual ballast and im going to wire up some moguls. should this be solid core or stranded wire and about what gauge? I looked in the ballast box and the stuff inside is stranded wire and not that big
  6. H

will i need a chiller?

Ok, so i have a 8X54 t5 fixture and i am just not happy with my growth, and color, plus there's no shimmer. So, what i want to do is go 2X250w Metal halide ICECAP electronic ballasts, SE 12k reeflux bulbs with probably spider or mini luminarc reflectors. Do you think i will need a chiller...
  7. H

Do you use phosban or rowaphos, or something else

what do you use, and how long till you saw a result, if ever?
  8. H

Thinking about 180gal upgrade, looking for input on idea's

So i've been thinking about my next tank, I'm think a 180 Dual RR with 75 gallon sump main display 24x24x72 sump 18x20x48 i'm thinking baout combining some lighting on one tank not normally done this way, let me know what you think, critiques, welcome
  9. H

Help with RO+DI unit

i Just got a new ro di unit and hooked it up to the washing machine cold water pipe and i'm using the washing machine drain It is an aqua safe unit - TFC membrane and purolite color changing DI How long does it normally take to get the tds reading down to less than 10 i flushed the membrane...
  10. H

I glued acrylic!!! But.....

Ok, i successfully cut and glued my first acrylic joint. However i have a few questions: when glueing with weld on 4 using pins method -- do you usually clamp the peice that is flat on the table ( i assume yes) using speed squares to square up the vertical peice - how do you secure the vertical...
  11. H

Whoo Hooo! New Toys....

Just ordered my K3 powerhead and a phosban reactor. Now i can run carbon and stuff the right way!!!! more flow is good too :D :D :D :D :D
  12. H

Pics Of my 90gal reef

I sent this to marc for the slideshow but thought i'd post it also. I Think i'm finally happy with my tank. Still need more corals though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Let me know what ya think!
  13. H

HEY MEMBERS!!!! GO TO THE MEMBERS FORUM AND READ THIS!!!

http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=32097 TIA
  14. H

EBAY RO+DI SYSTEMS??

Can anybody reccommend a decent ebay ro+di unit?? looking for between $100-150 - 75gpd or higher thanks
  15. H

Soft Corals aren't growing, what gives!!!

OK, I have been looking thru posts, here and online and i have decided that my leathers and soft corals are just not growing like most peoples, i'm starting to wonder if my parameters are bothering my softies. i usually keep my dkh at 9 sometimes as low as 7 , wondering if shifting to 11 would...
  16. H

Something Interesting........over on RC

Check this thread out!! http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1078532 Marc the pres. Knows about it also, and has tried it. If you read this marc, i would like to know how the mille sp. did A lot of people are reporting positive results with a 2-3 day lighting blackout to...
  17. H

Whers the cheapest gen x 2400nw pumps

where is the best place to order from thanks
  18. H

So i've been looking at controllers....

My question is, Des the reef keeper 2 do ORP. I don't see anything on the manufacturers web site. Just wonder if anyone has been able to. I don't see an Orp probe port on the unit.
  19. H

can u frag a bubble coral?

Do bubble corals split, or can you frag them??
  20. H

Help!!!! STN i think????

My hammer coral touched the tip of my pink birdnest and turn that tip white, fine ok, i mentally marked the spot and came back this morning and it is growing, spreading... I immediatley moved the coral away from the hammer last night Is this really stn or just a sting, should i frag the...