Search results

1. E

1st Time Hypo-Salinity

Hello Fellow Reefers, A little before finishing Matt and Marc's articles on this topic I have lowered the salinity in a 20 gal quarantine tank. I have (5) survivors after a recent purchase (1) Bi-color Fox Face, (1) Coral Beauty, (2) Pajama Cardinals and (1) Mono Argentus. RIP Vlamingii Tang...
  2. E

Anemone Arrow Crab

Check out who bullied the clownfish out of there home ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349322559.512403.jpg
  3. E

New Additions

Today I finally received a Red Sea Regal Angel. I have been waiting since January to get another, the last one died after 5 years. Plus, a Powder Blue to get free shipping...
  4. E

Salifert phosphate test

How do you read this? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345080833.837814.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345080849.498931.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1345080864.681770.jpg
  5. E

Help Me Prepair for SPS

Hello Guys and Girls, I am in the process of trying to rebuild my reef after 3 years of neglect. I have been in the hobby for 7 years now and understand something’s needed to keep a tank alive. However, there must be more to keeping SPS than good lighting, flow, skimming and water changes. I...
  6. E

Help me decide.. New Fish

I am going to be adding some fish to my tank in the near future. What do you think about the selection? Have you had any experience with these fish, or combination of these fish? I have a mixed reef soft, LPS and SPS. Fish I have: 1 Lyretail Anthias (m) 2 Lyretail Anthias (f) 3 False Percs 1...
  7. E

Magnificant Foxface not eating

I have had him since Saturday and it is not eating. What do I need to do to get it to eat?
  8. E

How much light?

My tank is 78" long 30" wide and 24" high. I have an IceCap 660 that I was thinking about running 4 - 3' super actinic vho lamps. I like the look of MH so my question is how many do I need for my tank. From what I have come up with 250w lamps are fine with the 24" deep. I don't know how many I...
  9. E

She has two men

I have two orange false perc M/F and one black false perc M. She has been giving eggs to the orange false perc but now she is spawning with both males. How considerate of her. One for the money and one to do the chores. :lol:
  10. E

Before I mess up???

I dropped the digital thermometer in the water change water. It was only in there for a second or two do you think that the water could be contaminated? The thermometer did die.
  11. E

eman's 250g build-log

Before I get started I have a few questions. I have never had an acrylic tank. The canopy is 9” above the acrylic. Can I put MH in the canopy with out melting the acrylic? The tanks dimensions are 78" long x 30" deep x 24" tall. I plan on stacking the rock in two islands with a ravine in between...
  12. E

Help now!!!!

I need lots of salt water now. Was spraying for roaches and tank is dieing!!! 214.435.3726 817.428.1347
  13. E

need help fast

My wife sprayed the kitchen with bug spray now my shrimp are dying and I think the tank may be contaminated. I need saltwater ASAP. Can someone help PLEASE? 817-428-1347 home 2144353726 cell
  14. E

icecap 660 ---T12-T5

I cannot find any info on the icecap ballist being able to push T5's. Can the 660 push 4-48" T5's? Thanks,
  15. E

Trash cans

I started using a trash can to mix my saltwater back in November. There was a white residue after the first water change but not very thick. After about six water changes I now notice that it is geting thicker. My question is what is the residue? What should I do about it? Thanks,
  16. E

autotopoff group buy

Now is the time to order your floats and solenoids. We have reached the 10% discount and are closing in on the 15% discount. Orders will be made tomorrow.
  17. E

pop-eye using epsom salt now

I have read the other thread and have more questions. I have had my pink anthius for 6mo now. Late November he had pop-eye. I was doing alot in the tank then getting ready for the tank tour. It went away after a week. He has had it for a week now and I just now remember moving some things in the...
  18. E

brown film on yellow leather

There is this brown film on my yellow leather. I have only had this leather for 3 days and it had no film on it at Franks. Is this normal? Do I blow it off? Do I leave it alone? My water is pretty good--nitrate 20. Salt was a little high 1.028 I replaced 3g today fresh. I have been moving it...
  19. E

Pop-eye?

My Pink Anthias has what looks like pop-eye. There are 2 reasons that this fish was stressed. 1 Friday I was out of town and the fish did not get feed as well as put to bed 3hrs early. Then Saterday the fuge got low and bubbled my tank. This fish will not be caught!!! When I was getting out the...
  20. E

Keller-Mid Cities Tank Tour: What day?

This poll will run untill Dec. 1, 2006. Then the date for the tour will be set. Those of you hosting as well as visiting are welcome to vote.