Search results

1. S

2 Brute 44 Gallon Commercial Barrels with wheels

I have 2 Brute 44 gallon commercial barrels on wheels for sale. Only used for water changes on my fish tanks. Asking $100.00 for the pair.
  2. S

Free sump or other hermit crab

I have a hermit crab that came in with clean up crew and turns out he was not a dwarf. Certified snail killer. He is a bit smaller than a ping pong ball. Free to anyone who wants. Just reply with contact info and I can meet you. If you feel you want to trade for something I am in bad need of...
  3. S

Free Hermit Crab - McKinney Edorado West of 75

Well let me try this again.  Last post is in list but blank when clicked on. I have a hermit crab that came in with clean up crew and turns out he was not a dwarf. Certified snail killer. He is a bit smaller than a ping pong ball. Free to anyone who wants. Just reply with contact info and I can...
  4. S

FREE TO GOOD HOME 5 Zebra Finches, 3 Male, 2 Male, Have Bred w/ Cage all paraphernaliaFREE TO GOOD HOME

Wife went back to work and unfortunately we need to cut back on the pets a bit so like the topic title saysFREE TO GOOD HOME 5 Zebra Finches, 3 Male, 2 Male, Have Bred w/ Cage all paraphernalia FREE TO GOOD HOMEWe do have the nesting containers but have them out of the cage so no breading will...
  5. S

What would you do after tank crash?

Well I had a very bad tank crash a few weeks back. Here are the 911 threads, http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=76122 http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=76172 At this point my fish and what few corals that are left are being kept by a friend but I want to start...
  6. S

Moving from Fluorescent to MH/VHO - Looking for Input

Hello Reefers, For years I have been running Overdriven 48" - T-8 and or Normal Output T-12 Fluorescent bulbs on Icecap 660s (4 - 6500K, 4 - 03 Actinic). I have decided to give MH a try. Here is my plan. I will run 2 - 175 Mogul base 10Ks (I was thinking Reeflux) on a dual 175 ballast using...
  7. S

Thinking about going MH

I have an Oceanic 105 that has the wide center support brace It is filled with mostly softies, a few LPS and nems. I have always dreamed of getting the glitter lines of MH lighting. Not to mention I have always wanted to get a clam. I currenlty run Over driven 6500K and Actinic T8s on two...
  8. S

Knock Knock anybody home - just me and my 8 tentacles

Found this on the news links this AM. Pretty neat!! http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/12/octopus-tools/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wired%2Findex+%28Wired%3A+Index+3+%28Top+Stories+2%29%29
  9. S

Fiji Leather needs a V8

Mine seem to like high flow areas but that is to get polyp extension. I have not had a slump over issue.
  10. S

Cloudy area on Copper Band Butterfly (CCB) tail

Hello All, Well I have had this CCB in QT for 7 weeks now. He is very active. Eats well and has good color but ....... After he was in QT for about 4 Weeks he developed this cloudy area on his tail. First thing I thought was ich but I have watched it very closely and it does not seem to...
  11. S

What to feed?

Hello All, Well I lost almost all of my fish a few years ago due to a power outage while on vacation (Only a pair of False Percs survived). I recently decided to try to restock the tank and so now have a Smalltail Pencil Wrasse and Copper Band Butterfly in QT. Both are on the hard to keep...
  12. S

Little black bi-level o-ring/washer on korila 2?

Hello All, I purchased a couple of K2s last night. I soaked them in vinegar overnight and then started to take them apart to clean. When took apart the first one I notices a little black bi-level o-ring/washer fell out. I was carful when taking the second one apart so I would see where it...
  13. S

Need 2 3/8" glass bit to drill hole for 1 1/2" bulkhead.

Hello All, Anyone have a 2 3/8" glass drill bit they would be willing to lend? I need it to drill the bottom of my 40 breeder to make it reef ready. LMK and thanks in advance, Stanley T''' - SALT
  14. S

Looking for mesh mod material in McKinney area

I would like to try the mesh mod on my Sedra 5000 needle wheel. If you have some you would be willing to share I would be more then happy to trade or buy. LMK, Stanley T''' - SALT
  15. S

Anyone replaced Ceramic Shaft w/ Carbon Fiber Rod or Tube?

Well I have a couple of Mag 9.5 impellers that I cracked the ceramic shafts on and I cannot see my way clear to paying for the whole impeller if all I need is the shaft. I have been part of theads/posts that talk about using carbon fiber shafts as replacements and I have seen it suggested in...
  16. S

Best Place to Drill 40 Breeder for RR?

Well I am about to start a new project. I just brought a brand new 40 gallon breeder All Glass brand tank from Petco. I am going to set it up first for QT to rebuild my fish populaiton, and later to try and grow out some of the fry that my false percs have been producing. I want to make it...
  17. S

So when is that anual $1/gallon sale anyways???

I for sure thought that one of the chains would have had the $1/Gallon sale some time this summer, but here it is almost the end of August and nothin??? Did I miss it??? :roll:
  18. S

Need replacement fuse for Red Sea Wavemaster Pro T8AL250V

Hello Fellow Reefers, Well I cannot believe that I am the first one ever to need one of these??? I searched the forums and checked the web and Elliot's and Radio Shack etc.... I even tried the LFS and no has one in stock. Does anyone have any idea who might have one local? The...
  19. S

What is this??? Picture attached?

OK, baited you in here under false pretense, but this is just a pet peeve of mine and I just cannot resist trying to fix it. What is this?
  20. S

Looking for Rotifer starter seed

Hello All, My clowns have started to lay eggs. My wife is very interested in trying to raise some of the fry so I need to start culturing some rotifers. I have plenty of phytoplankton, so I just need a starter cup of the rotifers. Does anyone have one they would like to sell/trade? If not...