Recent content by TriggaFish99

1. T

Help! Fish Dying, Corals OK

I'm not sure what's going on, but suspect some equipment failure. The halides are not on yet, actinics are on I removed the heaters, tank @ 83, usually keep it at 81 max. The heaters were not on, but removed them as a precaution. There is a slight burn smell in the fish room, as in wires. I...
  2. T

Question About RO/DI Float Valve

I just bought a float valve for my RO/DI container. I was curious who else has them and how they like the switch's operation. Mine is in the fish room/garage, so I'm not concerned with an accidental overflow. Also, can y'all describe your setup? I use an aqua float from the container to the...
  3. T

Aptasia X Trial with pictures

While at Frank's Tanks today I picked up a bottle of Aptasia X. Since I was in a picture taking mood, I figured I'd document how it worked with some pics. So far I only have pics of about 30-45 minutes after it's use. So, here is the subjects just before the application of Aptasia X. I'm not...
  4. T

Ron's 300G Tank Move and In-Wall Installation

Well, I'm moving across town. The house I bought has a perfect spot in my bedroom for an in wall at the foot of the bed. So, with all this tank build log stuff now, I figured it's about time for me to start documenting some of the stuff I'm going to do. I'm getting a 150 gallon stock tank...
  5. T

MH Bulb Question?

What's a buld?
  6. T

Urchin Spawning is Not Cool...but a little funny.

A while back I got a really big (baseball sized) long spine urchin from Scott (Ashler). This thing was a perfect beautiful specimen. It had spines that were so long, it barely fit into the salt bucket I brought to pick it up. It's been doing fine and looking cool cruising around the...
  7. T

Phosban & Skimmer

I added a two phosban reactors (one phosban and one carbon) to my 300 gallon tank yesterday and my skimmer isn't skimming anymore. The bubbles are breaking more quickly (thin water type) and look like they aren't thickening as usual. I cleaned the skimmer before the addition, but it started...