Recent content by tmkx3

1. T

changing tanks

I am considering changing from my 125g 6ft long tank to a 92g bow front corner tank. The 6 foot long takes up way to much room. I currently have 5 fish 2 tangs, a yellow and a powder blue, a foxface which is pretty big, and 2 clowns. I have been told that the difference in sizes of the tanks...
  2. T

hob fuge

I am setting up an hob fuge. It is running. How do I start to cultivate my pods in there? What do I feed them? What is cheato and where do I get it? Does it have special requirements? Sorry for all the ? Thanks
  3. T

uv sterlizers

Do uv sterlizers also kill your pods and micro fauna? I know they kill parasites like ick. The reason I ask is because I used to see alot of these little buggers at night but now that I have a uv I am not seeing as many
  4. T

pods for mandrin

I have 125g w/125lbs of lr. My tank has been set-up for 18months. I waited to get my mandrin until my tank matured, but know I am reading that my mandrin will deplete my tank of pods in about three months. I don't have a refugium or a sump. What I do have is a hob filter and a hob protien...
  5. T

treating w/coppersafe Help!!!!!

I have been treating with coppersafe for about 4 weeks now(for ick). This morning one of my green chromis didn't come up to eat. He is hiding and when he swims he seems to sink. Is this a reaction to the copper? Should I remove it and stop treatment? I haven't seen ant ick spots since the third...
  6. T

few ick questions????

have been treating for ick with coppersafe for 3 weeks now. My tang has a single white spot on his fin. The one he uses to swim with(Don't know the technical name for it). Is this still ick? He has been clear of all spots since the third day of treatment. I had to top my tank off with ro/water...
  7. T

ich on lr????

OKAY I am currently treating all my fish in a qt for ick( 3weeks now) and I have read several post about ick being transmitted to your tank on lr. I thought that it could only survive if there were fish present. Does it feed on the lr? Where I buy my rock it is always kept separated from the...
  8. T

coppersafe ?????

I started treating with coppersafe last night for ick. I tested the wter for my copper levels afterwards. Mt test is a little hard to read. The kit jumps from 20 to 30 and I know that the # needs to be about 25. The test has the tube that you add 10 drops of the solution into the tube of tank...
  9. T

Limestone & copper

Does limesone react anyway to copper. Does it absorb it?
  10. T

setting up qt

I am converting a 30g tank that currently has goldfish in to a salt qt. I am moving the water with the goldfish but is there any other things i need to do to the qt as far as cleaning it or can i just add the new saltwater and the water from my main tank directly to the qt???
  11. T

help chosing a qt

I am in the process of setting up a qt to treat ick. I am gonna use coppersafe. I have to options. I have a 55 that is going to be on loan and A 30g that currently has gold fish in it that will be relocated for a while. I have read that if you treat a tank with copper that the tank can never...
  12. T

hypo without refractrmeter?

I have ick on my tang and I would like to do hypo but I only have a hydrometer. I have priced a refractometer and can't afford one right now. How dangerous is it to just use th hydrometer? Would doing a copper treatment be better? I hate meds
  13. T

no sick fish

Has anyone ever used the product for ick called no sick fish?
  14. T

Tang with ick

I have been told that my powder blue tang has ick
  15. T

converting an amiracle we/dry into a sump w/lr

<hr class="bbcode_rule" /> I have an amiracle wet/dry filter that was given to me. It doesn't have an overflow or a return pump. From what I see that is all that is missing I want to replace the bio-balls with lr rubble. I don't have a clue on how to set this thing up. It also has a protein...