Recent content by TheHurricane

1. T

Drowning in Light options.

I have a 5'L x 2.5'D x 2' T tank. I bought a used 6 bulb fixture that ended up not working out. I'm at the point of frustration. Because of how deep the tank is I'm leaning towards metal halide to get better spread with some leds to ramp up and down. I had some clowns jump on my last tank due to...
  2. T

Painting back glass?

What paint should I use on the back glass. Its already in the house so I would prefer to not use spray paint. Thanks
  3. T

T5 + Led setup suggestions.

I have a 60x30x24t tank. Glass tops with no canopy. I was looking at 3 Hydra 52s but open to a hybrid setup. In fact I think I'm leaning that way. Mostly softies and fish, any recommendations are appreciated. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
  4. T

29 Bio Cube to a 175.

Just got the new tank home today. 175 gallons 60"l x 30"w x 24"t Dual corner overflows. I love how deep it is. Black stand with doors on both ends and the front. It was used as a freshwater tank and the guy made me a heck of a deal on it. Cleaning it in the garage while I work on some dedicated...
  5. T

Return Pump

I am getting a 180 delivered on saturday! It has two overflows and I'm trying to figure out a return pump. I was pointed towards a Waveline 12000 but the reviews aren't greate. I have two mp40s for flow. I can't remember the size of the overflow holes right now just trying to get some other...
  6. T

How old is too old?

The wife has told me it's time. Go big or go home. I am wanting a 100 plus gallon tank and my question is this. If I buy a used tank, at what age will a tank start to fail? In general. I realise there are a lot of factors. Any input is greatly appreciated. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using...
  7. T

ID Please

Came back from vacation and these are all over the tank. What are they?
  8. T

HOB Skimmer for 29BC?

I have a aquatic 115 or whatever skimmer in chamber 1. I am not pleased with it. I'm thinking of going with a hob. Anybody have a recommendation for one or a alternative. Thanks.
  9. T

Is this Hair Algea?

It looks like hair and I think it's algea but is it hair algea? What can I do to get rid of it other than picking it off or is it okay to have. Thanks.
  10. T

29 biocube ATO PUMP

I am setting up an ATO for my 29 but the pump I have won't pump that high. Other than putting the water jug on a stand. What pump will work to raise water to the tank and fit in a 56gal jug. I could just put the water in a bucket and run a bigger pump but wanted a cleaner look. Thanks.
  11. T

29 Biocube stock?

Currently cycling with 20# live rock, 1.5" of live sand and some krill that gave its life to start the cycle.. I have a protein skimmer in Chamber one and about 4# of live rock in chamber two. Lighting is two strips of blue and white leds that are on dimmers of some sort. The return pump is...
  12. T

Decisions Decisions. What say you DFWMAS?

I currently have a Biocube 29 that is close to the end of its cycle. My problem is that I acquired a 55 gal (tall? 18wX20tX36l) with stand. Im curious if its worth trying to change over to this tank. It is not drilled so im thinking a hob skimmer or a overflow to a sump? That would mean more...
  13. T

Reefkeeper or Neptune

I have a 29g biocube and I'm wanting to set up a monitoring system to check throughout the week. Then do actual water tests on the weekend or when something seems off. All I want to do at this point is temperature, pH and salinity. Possible down the road lights and ATO. Thinking the reefkeeper...